What's new

Just some minor, but annoying things (Kinda off-topic and long...PLEASE READ THIS!!)

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, I've FINALLY got my GeForce 2 MX card! Even though it may not be the BEST thing out there, I CANNOT believe the improvements over my ProSavage!

Well, I was kinda wondering how to fix the problems in Conker's Bad Fur Day with the tacky looking Rare logo and Conker's crown (many of you should hopfully know what I'm talking about). Also, why is it that in Smash Brothers I still have to use Evoodoo to get proper graphics? Everything looks perfect with Jaboo, but for some reason the shield and projectiles (most of the 2-D items) are kinda squished/facing the wrong direction, and when you get knocked off of the screen there's a black border around the magnifying glass. In addition, many objects in Majora's Mask like the giant trees in the beginning are transparent!

Please give me some assistence. I've tried using Rice's plugin, and it works much better than on my Savage card, but it's still REALLY weird. I'm just really confused, because what's the point of paying $60+ for a GFX card that can play a game at a 1024x768 res easily, when you still have annoying problems? (Note, I'm only 15, and my parents are SO friggin' picky about what I ask for that I had to put something THIS CHEAP on lay-away, lmao.)

ONE more thing, I believe that the people who sold me my pc lied to me. They said that I had NO AGP slot, but when I installed this PCI card, I saw a brown slot slightly away from the off-white slots. Is this an AGP? Please post a pic or something to give me some kind of clue. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

It could be an AGP slot then:
agp.jpg

Or maybe more likely it is an AMR slot:
amr.jpg

As for your problems, well the current forcewares are known to cause some issues, so if you have the latest drivers it may well be better for you to go down to older drivers (you're not going to lose anything when you are using an MX).

For Jabos plugin go into the advanced options and tick force normal blending, that should AFAIK fix those probs. You could also use Jabos for Conkers to see if that fixes that issue.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
It could be an AGP slot then:
agp.jpg

Or maybe more likely it is an AMR slot:
amr.jpg

As for your problems, well the current forcewares are known to cause some issues, so if you have the latest drivers it may well be better for you to go down to older drivers (you're not going to lose anything when you are using an MX).

For Jabos plugin go into the advanced options and tick force normal blending, that should AFAIK fix those probs. You could also use Jabos for Conkers to see if that fixes that issue.

Thanks for your time Trotterwatch, but "force normal blending" doesn't seem to help at all. I had the same other problems before I updated my drivers. I recently tried updating them online to see if everything works better, but it's just about the same. Also, I'm not sure what forceware is, but I KNOW that the port is NOT an AMR, lol. Are those the only brown ports like that? I just don't want to buy an AGP someday to find out that I can't use it, lol. My Savage played F-Zero better than this MX card! The cars are black, and this REALLY sucks. I'm getting sick of Evoodoo because of how slow and inconvenient it is, lol. Well, thanks again Trotterwatch, but maybe it can't be helped...oh well. Overall, I've gained a much more worthy emulation experience.

P.S. For those of you who said to me that an MX can't play WWF RAW at full speed with the detail all the way up...it looks like a friggin' X-Box and has 95-100% frame-rate the WHOLE time, lol.

Trotterwatch

Did you ensure you removed the original drivers fully before installing the new drivers? And try the older drivers (the newer ones are known as forceware 5x series). These are not optimal for MX cards it seems, and they seem to be the cause for quite a few N64 graphics plugin issues.

Maybe you should try glN64, see if that works well for you.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
Did you ensure you removed the original drivers fully before installing the new drivers? And try the older drivers (the newer ones are known as forceware 5x series). These are not optimal for MX cards it seems, and they seem to be the cause for quite a few N64 graphics plugin issues.

Maybe you should try glN64, see if that works well for you.

hm...thanks. Aside from the fact that it's kinda slow, and the glitchiness in Smash Bros. it's not half-bad. F-Zero is around 93% accurate and the cars are perfect! Zelda's pretty bad-ass too and I can't point out any graphical flaws, but it's SO SLOW, lmao. I have it on 16-bit 1024x768 with all the bells and whistles off and it's running a little under frame-rate for the most part. I'm still haunted by 640x480 and don't want to use it again, ha ha ha.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
so u buy it at last jessman :)
mostly, i still played it at 800 x 600 res, oh wait, that's because im using my tv-out lol :p
well, i have no probs like u said jessman.. excpet the black box on smash bro, doesn't bother me much tho

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
co_p3rth said:
so u buy it at last jessman :)
mostly, i still played it at 800 x 600 res, oh wait, that's because im using my tv-out lol :p
well, i have no probs like u said jessman.. excpet the black box on smash bro, doesn't bother me much tho

lol. what's up man? where's you get your tv-out? I really want to get one, but can't find one or how to use them. oh well, i still got 5.1 dolby hooked up to my pc, lmao.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
well, my tv-out is integrated with my geforce2 mx cards,
it's easy to use tho, just use nview properties on ur gfx card driver, but if only u have a tv-out on ur gfx card...i think there r other kind of tv-out i guess :/

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
co_p3rth said:
well, my tv-out is integrated with my geforce2 mx cards,
it's easy to use tho, just use nview properties on ur gfx card driver, but if only u have a tv-out on ur gfx card...i think there r other kind of tv-out i guess :/

well, my GF says it has a tv-out thingy, but I have no clue how to actually hook it up with my tv, lol. sorry, i'm not trying to be annoying. have you ever used a Savage card though? the Savage part is using it, lmao. i love this new card! thanks for recommending it.

revl8er

That Damn Good
They usually have an s-video connector that you can connect your tv and pc together with an s-video cable. Most gfx cards nowadays come with them.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You do know that some issues (like the black border in ssb) is issues in the plugin? Nothing's perfect, you know...unless you got a voodoo for n64 emulation ;)

Neophyte

jessman1988 said:
I have it on 16-bit 1024x768 with all the bells and whistles off and it's running a little under frame-rate for the most part.

Having it in 16bit mode might be what is causing your problems. Try changing it to 32-bit mode to see what happens.

d3tr0it

jessman1988 said:
Are those the only brown ports like that? I just don't want to buy an AGP someday to find out that I can't use it, lol.

Post the manufacturer and model of the motherboard, and maybe I'll check it up for you...
And why would the seller of your PC lie about that it didnt have an AGP port, isnt it better if it had? It sounds more like not knowing.

Edit: But I am most certain your PC has an AGP slot, cause your motherboard seem pretty fresh :)... If you didnt magicly get a preview edition motherboard with the new PCI-Express, which is coming in a near future :).

Hi all by the way, my first post here! :cheers:

Last edited:

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
yeah, most nowadays gfx card has s-video thingy, u might have one, just check the connector beside ur monitors plugs, u might find one :p
u should buy the connector ( or make one) if u don't have the connector :p

well, we welcome u to geforce2 mx club jessman :)

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
d3tr0it said:
Post the manufacturer and model of the motherboard, and maybe I'll check it up for you...
And why would the seller of your PC lie about that it didnt have an AGP port, isnt it better if it had? It sounds more like not knowing.

Edit: But I am most certain your PC has an AGP slot, cause your motherboard seem pretty fresh :)... If you didnt magicly get a preview edition motherboard with the new PCI-Express, which is coming in a near future :).

Hi all by the way, my first post here! :cheers:

What's up d3tr0it? Welcome to the scene! Well, I don't know too much about my pc 'cept that it's a "Wal-Mart special" Compaq Presario with an AMD 2400+. It doesn't even say in my pc's booklets or it's box that it even has an AGP slot, but I am almost CERTAIN that I saw one...a brownish slot similar to the whitish slots with an opening in the back of the tower for something like a GFX card or an add-on. I'm just kinda confused when it comes to the "guts" of a pc. Please help me if you can, but if you can't...thanks anyway.

BTW, where can I find an S-Video cord? I've never used one, so I don't know where to get one, lol.

dnrobs

you know something jessman i dont think you even read the responses to your questions, i have a suspicious feeling your just pulling our legs.there is only one way to solve the agp problem beg borrow or steal a digital camera or webcam and take a picture of youre motherboard or system devices and post it here cause im curious to know myself now.
but im pretty sure youve just wasted money on a pci card.
as for s-video leads they can be bought in most hi-fi electrical stores but can probablly be found cheaper on ebay.dont think im picking on you here cause im not quite the reverse i find most of your posts quite interesting,just lets settle this matter once and for all ok

Trotterwatch

Not wasted money though, surely he could take it back, say he was given the wrong advice by the salesman and swop it for an AGP card (perhaps paying the small difference if any).

I know I'd do that :p