What's new

Online Multiplayer Nes Emulators?????

AlexIPath

Are their any online multiplayer nes emulators? I know that the SUPER nes emulator ZSNES has one but are there any regular nes emulators that have multiplayer internet servers that people can play over the internet? Thanks.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Umm Jnes has online capability. Not many people play though. I haven't found anyone to play with since i've been using jnes.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I don't get on the net too much, but all you need to do is go to the kaillera thing. I'm not sure where it's at, but I believe it's under file then kaillera. Once you click on that it will load some servers.

scotty

The Great One
Nestopia also uses Kalliera. Like mentionned; many people do not really use NES multiplayer, I notice most of the stuff on Kailliera is MAME, which I do not use.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yeah, I have tried playing online with emulators, but only with kawaks. I would like to play nes games, but i'm on a 56k now since i stay at home instead of in a dorm.

scotty

The Great One
Mystic Gohan said:
Yeah, I have tried playing online with emulators, but only with kawaks. I would like to play nes games, but i'm on a 56k now since i stay at home instead of in a dorm.

I wouldnt mind a little NES multiplayer, many of the games I have are single player though. I admit I wouldnt mind having a go at Battletoads online, but I dont know how stable emulation is online, Ive never tried it

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
scotty said:
I wouldnt mind a little NES multiplayer, many of the games I have are single player though. I admit I wouldnt mind having a go at Battletoads online, but I dont know how stable emulation is online, Ive never tried it

Netplay Via Jnes is fantastic.
I have played quite alot of Battletoads 2, Double Dragon etc i was total crap at it however and the person i was playing with was very understanding.

my main problem as im sure with many people is: Nes, Snes and Gens ive always only played 1 player.

also its very hard actually to know what is a 2 player game
(being a solo player)
i would like to see a future feature on Jnes via the Browser showing you the player ability for each game (i know that would help me play more netplay)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Me and gent actually played an enjoyable game of Double Dragon II online :D

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Mmmmm *drool*. Used to play DD2 with my friend at his house. Pretty easy at the hardest difficulty, but it's the most enjoyable DD IMO. :)

scotty

The Great One
I tried playing Super C once on Kalliera, unfortunately the connection wasnt the greatest, eventualy the other player dropped out. I wouldnt mind playing Double Dragon II either, in fact I havent played that in awhile. North and South might be fun to try online, youd probably need a good connection, I wouldnt want my connection to falter in a train chase or a fort invasion.