What's new

Source forge project for the mupen64 software gfx plugin

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I've set up a source forge project for the software gfx plugin. As i've already said, the goal of this project is to be as close as possible to the real hardware even if it's not possible to play games with it on a slow PC currently. The project isn't very advanced yet, but it's a good start and a good structure to get things easy to understand. I'm currently searching people interested in contributing to this project. If you want to help, or if you want to ask any question, you can contact me on emutalk.

The sourceforge project is there :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mupen64-gfx

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Lynx said:
Maybe Pete from PSX scene might be interested in N64 ;) ?

well,that would be cool or not,lately his plugins are getting slower for some reason....

blight

why the hell would you want Pete (which i will just assume isn't interested into N64 and still works on PSX) to work on such a plugin??

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Because he wrote the Peops soft GPU plugin for the PSX. I assume he would know more than a little about software rasterization.

CyZyco

Developer

I'd Like help on your project. What will I need to help you!! You'll use SDL for interface to video??

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's currently using the SDL on linux. For a windows port, i guess it would be better to derivate the VI class to add directx support (you'll understand it better after looking at the source code).

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
You don't need any specific library, just ideas, skills...

you should understand what the code does currently, start to learn the n64 gfx architecture by looking at these heasers : http://www.dextrose.com/index.php?s=3&m=19&f=234#f234

When you'll be more familiar with the code, you can join #mupen64 irc channel on efnet and we'll discuss about the details you'd like to know ;)

CyZyco

N64 Headers

Does The Point will be get the prototypo's functions and build them without use Opengl or DirectX?? You will buid a new renderer, really?