What's new

New Input plugin

hjc

New Input plugin http://www.emutalk.net/images/icons/tux.gif

Hi,

I've just put together a new input plugin based on libjsw.

It's not the most user friendly thing ever, put it might be handy for anyone running linux that hasn't been able to get blight's plugin to work for them.

I'm using it happily with a wireless wingman rumblepad (minus the rumbling).

The code's available at

http://www.headspace.uklinux.net

ciruZ

If blight's plugin doesn't work, get the sources from Hacktarux Plugin and change the keys (they are defined in the sourcecode), then just recompilie it. It works good for me ;)

OP
hjc

hjc

ciruZ said:
If blight's plugin doesn't work, get the sources from Hacktarux Plugin and change the keys (they are defined in the sourcecode), then just recompilie it. It works good for me ;)

Thanks for the suggestion but I've not had any problems getting the keyboard with blight's plugin, just the joypad. It doesn't seem to like the logitech wingman - or at least not mine.

ciruZ

I use the keyboard so hacktarux' plugin is better for me. I started coding my own pluing, but stopped coding on it.

blight

I would like to fix problems which people experience using my plugin...
hjc: I have a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme and I think I have tested it with my plugin... anyway my plugin always sees the same, wether it's a logitech joystick, a xbox gamepad or an adaptoid - to my plugin it's all an input device which SDL takes care of :p

ciruZ

Felipe said:
why did u stop?
Because blight released a patch for his plugin so it worked. And hacktarux plugin was enough for me. At the time I started the plugin, I thought there was no usable plugin for Mupen (not everybody is able to recompile Hacktarux Plugin and blights wasn't working).

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
ciruZ said:
Because blight released a patch for his plugin so it worked. And hacktarux plugin was enough for me. At the time I started the plugin, I thought there was no usable plugin for Mupen (not everybody is able to recompile Hacktarux Plugin and blights wasn't working).

i c but u dont want still develop your plugin?And why Hack plugin is hard to recompile?

OP
hjc

hjc

blight said:
hjc: I have a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme and I think I have tested it with my plugin... anyway my plugin always sees the same, wether it's a logitech joystick, a xbox gamepad or an adaptoid - to my plugin it's all an input device which SDL takes care of :p

Hi Blight,

I think the problem is with SDL's code or something funny with my setup. I looked through your code before I turned to libjsw, and could find nothing obviously wrong.

I've heard reports of other people using Wingman pads without any problems with your plugin. I've also seen a couple of posts from people having exactly the same problem I do. . . Guess it's most likely my setup.

Cheers

hjc

ciruZ

Felipe said:
i c but u dont want still develop your plugin?And why Hack plugin is hard to recompile?
It's not hard to recompile, it's easy. But not everyone can change the key bindings because you must change the sourcecode for that.

terran

blight said:

I have a Wingman Rumblepad, and was not able to reproduce the problem (I'm using version 0.0.8b). I did sit there for about ten minutes before I figured out that I was trying to use the D-pad and the game wanted me to use the analog stick, though. :)

Zilla

夢を見られた
OT: Hmmm, I might take a look at libjsw, might fix my only problem with WineX and GTA:Vice city.
Always walking forwards...grrr.

Cheers for the heads up. :)

Last edited:
OP
hjc

hjc

I've just updated the plugin.

The button mappings are now configured via a GUI rather than a text file. Not a very pretty GUI admittedly, but a GUI none the less.

It is also now possible to select between different devices (though only 1 controller is supported at any one time). As I've only got 1 pad this bit hasn't been tested at all, so if works/doesn't work can someone let me know :)

The codes available here

http://www.headspace.uklinux.net

hjc