What's new

Hacktarux HLE RSP plugin with latest code from Azimer

blight

Hi!

One day Azimer sent me his source (thanks, Azimer!) for Audio HLE and I have replaced the code from Hacktarux with Azimer's. As my PC is slow i cannot really test the sound quality - but everything seems to be ok and we hope this will give you better sound quality.
If anyone is interested I could also compile it for windows I think...

Binary only at the moment (please do not ask for source - it will be released when Azimer decides to release his sourcecode, meanwhile you can play around with Hacktarux' source :drool: )
The binary was built with the following optimization flags:
-O3 -fPIC -mcpu=pentium3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer

Have fun!

OP
blight

blight

I have compiled a windows version.... I have no idea if it works because I have cross-compiled it with GCC/mingw on linux and didn't test it... but it should be ok :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yea i've just tested it, it works great (except you have forgotten to include the win gui specific stuff, but it doesn't matter).

Again, thx Azimer for your magical hle code ;)

mey32

blight said:
I have compiled a windows version.... I have no idea if it works because I have cross-compiled it with GCC/mingw on linux and didn't test it... but it should be ok :)

Is it ment to have any Rsp Configuration like your other Rsp Plugin cos it dosen't?

OP
blight

blight

i haven't looked at the windows config dialog but it doesn't need any i guess because the ucode code (which the dialog was for afaik) has changed

BountyJedi

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but i wonder will cheannels still be reversed with this one =p just wondering as thats one fo the irrating things with the newer azi sound plugins but otherwise great.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
BountyJedi said:
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but i wonder will cheannels still be reversed with this one =p just wondering as thats one fo the irrating things with the newer azi sound plugins but otherwise great.

Err.... I thought this was an RSP plugin, not a sound plugin. Since the HLE plugin's sound is reversed under every RSP plugin I've tried it on, I just assumed that it's a problem with the HLE plugin rather than the RSP plugin.

Last edited:

suanyuan

The windows HLE RSP plugin work great for me

blight said:
Thank you blight. I try the RSP plugin you modified, it works perfect for Zelda & Mario. Good job!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey probably a silly idea, but why not giving the source?
Now the source of the audio plugins are open, so why not the source of this thing?
Someone could look into it and changed or enhance some things...

ciruZ

But afaik not with Azimers extensions? Thought it's without them, but if it's with them. ;)
Then that -DPIC together with -fPIC is a tip for the future ;).
It depends on which header files are used, some need PIC defined if -fPIC is specified, otherwise they wouldn't generate position independent code.