What's new

old pj64 savegames

toasti

hi
i would like to use some of my old Project64-Savegames with mupen. So i tried to load
*.pj.zip files
*.fla files
*.eep files
*.sra files
but the only thing i could see was this error message
"Wrong save state
You're trying to load a save state from either another rom or another dump."

is there any chance to get my old savegames from pj64 to work with mupen ?

hopefully
toasti

ps.: my mupen-version is 0.3 (linux)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
if this feature doesnt exist,it would be cool if it was added (if possible off course)

OP
T

toasti

hehe k

so we just need someone who has got enough time and skill to build a savegame converter ...

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
toasti said:
hehe k

so we just need someone who has got enough time and skill to build a savegame converter ...

why?just make (i repeat,if possible) mupen accept save games from pj 64,it's easier,right Hacky? :naughty:

ciruZ

Ehm, the game save states (not the ones from pj64!) should be compatible. Mupen accepts .eep, .fla, .sra and .mpk. Just move that files into the Mupen64/save directory. I changed my savestates often beetween the emulators, so I think it should work with mupen, too. But sometimes you have to rename them.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
yea native saves work (the .sra .eep, .fla and .mpk) you only need to change their name to the mupen64 standard (to do this, just run the game on mupen64 one time, and see how the generated save is named)

ciruZ

Hacktarux: The most emulators use the romname without the extension as name, it would be a good idea if mupen does that, too. So Linux / BSD users that have PJ64 somewhere, too, can simply symlink the pj64 / 1964 / whatever savestates from the Wine Directory / Windows Partition ;)

Zilla

夢を見られた
ciruZ said:
Hacktarux: The most emulators use the romname without the extension as name, it would be a good idea if mupen does that, too. So Linux / BSD users that have PJ64 somewhere, too, can simply symlink the pj64 / 1964 / whatever savestates from the Wine Directory / Windows Partition ;)

Yup, I'd love just to symlink too. :)

ciruZ

Its possible to symlink each .sav file if you can't wait, but it would be better to link the save folder ;)