What's new

0.7.2 feedback goes here

Rice

Emulator Developer
0.7.2 core is unstable at some points and you may see it. If you have the msg like "unknown error, restarts the 1964.exe", you can try to disable link_4KB in the rom option for this rom, and this should help a lot.

We expect feedback on both 1964 and Azimer's new beta audio plugin.

Allnatural

First, the GOOD:) points:
  • The emulator is very fast and very smooth, even more so than .071 it seems. Nice.:colgate:
  • Azimar's new plugin sounds much better. Very clean, nice sound.

Now the BAD:cry: points:
  • Sound is messed up badly in Wave Race. Switching audio plugins has no effect, so I'm guessing it's core related? ???
  • Some games can't seem to find the mem pack (F-Zero for example), while others work fine.
  • To Azimar--I know your plugin is still beta, but I thought I'd let you know that none of the Turok games will boot when using it (sync audio enabled OR disabled), and I found one game, F-Zero, that runs jerky when using it.

A good release overall.:) I'll bring more feedback when I've had time to play around more.;)

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Allnatural said:
First, the GOOD:) points:
  • Azimar's new plugin sounds much better. Very clean, nice sound.

Now the BAD:cry: points:
  • To Azimar--I know your plugin is still beta, but I thought I'd let you know that none of the Turok games will boot when using it (sync audio enabled OR disabled), and I found one game, F-Zero, that runs jerky when using it.

I only tested 1964 for 10 minutes with that plugin and I haven't had time to work on the new Audio Code. When I worked on my last audio code, I target Project64 since the plugin spec was designed for the emulator. But I am happy you agree the audio is a lot cleaner/nicer. I spent a lot of time working on ABI 3 (a lot of games use this).

Trotterwatch

A few initial thoughts after testing a few games:

The 32 bit mode is something that the more advanced user should definately experiment with, I found it speeded up several games for me - notably WWF No Mercy which now runs at perfect speed for me at 60 VIs, the older version ran at anything from 60VIs to low 20s and 30s. (though that could be a general core speeding up as well). Another notable game improvement for me was Knockout Kings 2000 (using 32bit mode), it now works fast (as it did last time) but now it tends to stay at that fast speed and not slow down on occasion as it did last time (for me).:)

The audio plugin (beta) works well, some games don't seem to like it but, I managed to get audio to work in Hydro Thunder (using this plugin in PJ64) Unfortunately the game Hydro Thunder is very tempermental. It wouldn't work in 1964 due to it not being able to find a mempack and not allowing me to just skip that section.
:)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
quite a few probs. basically with both perfect dark and conkers, once a bit ingame osund competely slows down and goes stuttery (not scratchy, just stuttery). also, loads of roms crashing and needing to be unlinked. i alsois the geomtery isnt correct, i.e ithe screen is in one part of the screen and not centered.....wat do u do.......i heard u need to change stuff in the .ini . oh and on that note, i think u guys really need a new .ini file.

havent fully tested it yet.

ill wait a bit to see if any bug fixes come out.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
basically things work much better with the (old driver), and sound aint too bad on that anymore, except with mp3 audio. azimar's new one sounds better, but is also buggy. should be on the apollo forum really. also with the old plugin, with advanced linking is on.

Pauncho

the following arent really bugs that would stop u from playing or anything, just things ive noticed.
1)While playing in windowed mode if u click on the screen with the mouse while playing u can partially see the rom browswer underneath.
2) Also, when playing in windowed mode, if u minimize it then bring it back up it makes the window fullsize but the game screen is in the top left corner.

C

Couche

Great Work!

Great work on version 0.7.2, it's actually the first version of 1964 that doesn't crash constantly for me! And as for Azimer's new sound plugin, it's awesome! Jabo's plugin is getting a run for its money. Can't wait to try the upcoming polished version of the sound plugin.
:1964:

Eddy

I Run This
I agree, with sk8bloke, a real ini is needed badly. And the new version is real nice overall, state saving is still broken for me, and also some games, dont save. Im using nrage 1.61

Eddy

I Run This
A old problem, also a problem on pj, but when you change roms about 4 times without exiting 1964 and starting it up again, the rom would make it crash, and make it seem unplayable, but when you restart 1964, you play the same rom, and it works. Im guessing, it might be a variable or two not being reseted when the rom is closed. Oh and rice, if ok, it would be nice if a support file could accompany the ini, like a notes file. for example, the comments would be status, and another divier would be notes, that would be contained in the 1964.nts files. Just a suggestion.

dreassica

1964 just plain sucks
I don't seem to get any game to run decent and it seems to crash constantly for no apparent reason.
It;s been a problem in every single release on my computer
Strangely PJ 64 works much better without having to change much in the options screen.

I have
Athlon 1 gig
cardexpert geforce 2 mx 32 mb sdram
WIN XP Proffessional
256 mb ram
SB live player 1024 value
on MSI turbo motherboard

Eddy

I Run This
I fucking hate that, dont ever put those stupid ignorant comments on this board. You are just a little kid, dont even bother to reply. Your questions/opinions are not wanted here, you dont deserve to have a copy of 1964 on your computer.

dreassica

1964 just plain sucks
I don't seem to get any game to run decent and it seems to crash constantly for no apparent reason.
It;s been a problem in every single release on my computer
Strangely PJ 64 works much better without having to change much in the options screen.

I have
Athlon 1 gig
cardexpert geforce 2 mx 32 mb sdram
WIN XP Proffessional
256 mb ram
SB live player 1024 value
on MSI turbo motherboard

dreassica

Do you think i care what you think of it
i just gave my opinion on 1964 and if you don't like it', it's your problem

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmmmm.....uve got winxp, shouldnt be a prob.

ill post a thread on the 1964 forum, and not within this thread, as it really should be for feedback for the new release. u shouldnt hav a prob......but as u do ill help........as i said ill make another thread, hang on.

question, wat games use the 32bit core?