What's new

Mupen64 really slow!!!

Gozu33

When i open Zelda 64 it runs really slow at .5 and .7 what is wrong?

memory 384.0 mb AMD athlon processer

Clements

Your computer is probably far too slow. Mupen64 does not have a dynarec in place yet and so is slow and needs a very good processor. I'd say mine is just adequate, as I get fullspeed with Ocarina of Time, so the interpreter is fairly fast considering how slow interpreter is in other emus.

OP
G

Gozu33

LOL! it says this :afro:(had 2 use the afro)

y doesn't my attachment work? :baaa:

It said exactly what i had LOL

Clements

Where I highlighted my screenshot, what does it say? Or if it says nothing what does it say under Clocks > Core Speed?

Do you have Administrator rights on your computer?

Don't worry about attachments, they are obviously broken for you.

OP
G

Gozu33

where yours was highlited it said Authentic AMD Athlon(TM) Processor at the top it says AMD Athlon so clock speed is 800.0 Mhz whch is horrible isn't it

Clements

Not horrible for most things, just too slow when emulating the N64 with Mupen64 and PJ64. You would be far better off using 1964 instead and forget about Mupen and PJ64. If you had a 2400+ Athlon and Mupen was slow, then there would be a problem.

ciruZ

Does mupen need so much CPU?
Years ago, I played with UltraHLE, Corn and NEmu on a Pentium II 400 MHz and it was ok :). Mario worked perfekt and some other games, too.

Clements

Don't worry, when Mupen64 get's it's fully working dynarec it'll be up there with the best of them speed-wise (with all the benefit of being cross-platform of course ;) )

ciruZ

It doesn't matter how much CPU Mupen needs because I'm not using the PII 400 anymore ;)
Mupen emulates much more than UltraHLE, Corn and NEmu together! So it's ok that it needs more CPU :D

OP
G

Gozu33

gonna try and find am cheap video card :afro: did it work this time??

by cheap i mean the cheapest i can find that will allow me 2 be able 2 run things smoother than i do now did some1 mention that i could get 1 that would cost about 25$??? that might have been the 1964 board

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
forget it,if u dont want problems u should get (i cant) a card with 128 MB at least.

OP
G

Gozu33

does the Mhz matter cuz i can make my Mhz run 3500 mhz :) :afro: or would that be bad and would i still need a new card?

Clements

MHz matters more than graphics provided you have a card that is above minimum spec. Your graphics card is currently too insufficient by a l-o-o-o-ng way and would hold back any processor you would put into your computer.

A 1.2GHz Athlon or better AND a GeForce 3 is recommend for PJ64. Mupen64 would require an even faster processor ideally.

OP
G

Gozu33

well ill try and get that, my mom wants 2 get a dell so that is most likely gonna happen would the dell be enough?

The comp i am currently using isn't dell compaq or ne big brand it is made by my dad and pretty well to only he needs a better processer and a VC -_-' :afro: