What's new

Good FPS but it goes/stops/goes/stops.. also Blight input plugin prob.

LList

First, my main problem:
I am using the new Blight glN64 video plugin.. .0.4, anyway - I've always had this problem, even with the old plugin.

It shows good FPS in the window bar, 30-40ish.. playable. The game halts every second though, why is this? It goes very smoothly for a second, then halts, goes again.. I don't know if this is a good explanation. These are my specs and settings:

OS is Slackware 9.1 (Linux)
AthlonXP 1900+ (1600MHz)
512 DDR ram
Audigy Gamer
nVidia Geforce 4 Ti4200 (drivers before the newest on the nvidia site)

Video settings: 1280x1024, fog off, Enable 2xSAI, force bilinear filtering, Cache size is 32MB, 32bit (best for 2xSAI)

Audio is Mupen's plugin
RSP is Hacktarux hle rsp
Input is Blights plugin.

A problem with the input plugin: If I set the analog stick to ASDW, right side is held when I load a rom.. and I can not move.., if I enable the mouse, it sort of works, the right is still held when a rom is loaded, but If I move the mouse around it works.. How can I properly set the analog to ASDW?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Try using the Jttl's SDL sound plugin available somewhere in this message board and probably in the download section of emutalk too.

OP
L

LList

Seems a bit faster, but the video is very messed up. I just see triangles and most games come out just as a black screen but with audio.

What settings are recommended for my hardware on glN64?

OP
L

LList

ah,I read the 'best performance' post below. I get 60fps constant now in Mario Kart. One problem. The input, how do I make the analog stick ASDW to move around? I am doing it right now but it seems like "left" is stuck.. example; mario kart race is about to start. Toad keeps turning left.. if I hold right he goes right, if I let go, he goes left. so I end up turning left/right constantly to go straight.. enabling hte mouse fixes this sort of, the mouse works better for analog. Problem with that is I can not click the full screen button because the game window takes focus of the mouse, and I can not go to the desktop unless I esc out of the game.

blight

some keyboard shortcuts:
F1 - toggle fullscreen
F5 - save state
F7 - load state
ESC - stop

which version of the input plugin do you have? be sure to use 0.0.8-b as it is newer than 0.0.8 and fixes the bug which you seem to have!

--blight :fullmop: :ermm: :freak:

OP
L

LList

Thanks! Now it is very fast (constant 60fps) and the input works great. Fullscreen closes Mupen though. That is not a major problem, I play in 1280x1024 and it covers the desktop anyway.

Can I ask an off topic question.
I already know C and C++.., what should I learn before learning N64' Assembly? If anything. How did you start?