What's new

Audio Plugin v0.40 Beta 2 Private Problems go in here!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I will provide selective support for the plugin. I will not bother helping with items which I had planned to work on for v0.40, most specifically the audio code (not HLE). I will also supply limited support for MP3 stuff, since I was not finished with it. Once again, I apologize for any problems and I will not be held responsible if it downs your system. Also please notice in the readme (the one I hope which was distributed but attached below), that I worked on this Plugin with Project64 in mind. I did < 10 minutes of testing in 1964 to see if Perfect Dark played MP3 audio.

You will have to open the attachment in Notepad or something other then IE/Netscape. It will not show up well otherwise.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ive only tested with 1964...it sounds good. i mean quality is easily as sharp as jabos if sharper. but it seems to suffer from slowdown...like when an igame part comes on. plus its a bit buggy with 1964, but thats expected, im sure that can be sorted out.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Why? Because back then, 1964 didn't need my audio plugin as much as it does now. Back then, schibo worked on TR64. Back then so many things were different. I haven't really touched the audio code since. The last major overhaul was testing using PJ64 1.2.

linker

Emutalk Member
A bug with pj64 and zeldaMM (Cheats)

Ok, you can see this pictures. It happens when when i turn the play as code (and play with the deity link). Here it is:

Slougi

:!!!:Hmm... This doesn't happen to me. Do you need to turn both on? Does this happen always? I have really no clue how a cheat could affect audio emulation ???

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Re: A bug with pj64 and zeldaMM (Cheats)

linker said:
Ok, you can see this pictures. It happens when when i turn the play as code (and play with the deity link). Here it is:

Hi Linker, & erm...
See thats where the Problem may well lie.

You also have the Gilded Sword on with it !

& Slougi it wouldnt effect you because you do what the notes tell you to.

Cheat70_N=Only put the Deity Link's Sword on, if using The Play As Fierce Deity Link Code, if not it will turn Fierce Deity Link into a crazed slashing Machine. You have been warned.

If you have not got the fixed update 0.3 from the site,
& by the looks of the pic you dont, then do so.
But the mad slashing is because with the Play As Fierce Deity Link,
the Fairy Sword is Default I'm afraid, & dont like to be replaced.

So with anyother Sword, The Poor sod goes Demented.
& never stops Thrashing & Grunting, very active & very very Noisey.
(Thats the over kill on the Sound i think)

& Hi Az :) /Me gets to finally post on your good Board, & Great Sound Plugin btw,
we the cheats Staff :inlove: that Audio Plugin v0.40 Beta 2

Last edited:

linker

Emutalk Member
Ok, now i'm sure that only the cheat "play as deity link" gives the error. It is not necessary to use the other (for the sword). The strange thing is that only on my computer there is an error. Anybody else with the same prob? (did i say that this bug happens also on 0.30old ver?). The settings for the audio plugin is: None checked (or only for the pause, but it's the same thing).

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Very strange this Linker.

This has now been tested on a PIII & a Athlon Based System both running XP.
Its fine with no problems what so ever.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Command 6 of ABI 2 is somewhat of a Frequency Shift. It's similar to the Resample command, but it doesn't do any filtering. I am a bit confused to that purpose of this command... perhaps I will try that cheat code and see what I get. I exclude some ABI command based on their lack of use so I don't waste a lot of time implementing unused commands or filters which won't buy me much.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I looked all over for the command to be executed and it just isn't. :-(

Perhaps someone can provide me a savestate JUST BEFORE it happens ?