What's new

Welcome to the Dolphin forum!

Martin

Administrator
Since the first announcement of Dolphin, the GameCube emulator (yet to be released) that's often mentioned at Emulation64.com with exclusive screenshots and videos, has received a lot of attention. Therefore, we now bring you the Dolphin forum, where you may leave feedback and state your questions. My good friend icepir8 has been assigned moderator, more moderators are to be added later. Thanks to icepir8 for this wonderful idea for setting up the forum, it's really needed. :D

Welcome, everyone! :)

blight

and why's icepir8 (who doesn't seem to be working on tr64gl since some time...) the moderator o_O ;)
maybe we get a linux port of dolphin one day :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
blight said:
and why's icepir8 (who doesn't seem to be working on tr64gl since some time...) the moderator o_O ;)
icepir8 volunteered as moderator for this forum, and who could do it better than an experienced programmer like him? :)

icepir8

blight said:

I am still working on TR64Ogl and TR64. There is just sooooo little time for the fun things right now.

But Dolphin rox. And every time I turn around there is new progress. :)

Hope it gets to the point to be release soon.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I can't really fathom how much better a gamecube game can look with gamecube V.S. PC right now, but then again, everyone pretty much thought the same with N64 V.S PC back in '96. I love my wind waker, but I'd love it even more if I could play it at twice the resolution. ^_^ Can't wait for it! :D
- Modem

vleespet

The decent one
I wouldn't be suprised if the author of Dolphin = Icepir8.

Martin, I'm sure you know more, and you could see his ISP in the chat, so don't hide it any longer :p.

blight

If one wants to stay anonymous he shall cuz otherwise nintendo might try stopping them or am i wrong...? :icecream:

icepir8

vleespet said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the author of Dolphin = Icepir8.

Martin, I'm sure you know more, and you could see his ISP in the chat, so don't hide it any longer :p.
Nope, wrong. I wish I could take credit for Dolphin, but I can't.

Remote

I'm pretty sure most of the people connected close to emu64 knows who it is but as long as he / she / them doesn't want to reveal themself I can wait :D

It's like Heiniken, worth waiting for.. :p

Eagle

aka Alshain
For those of us who have been here for quite a long time, its not hard to venture an educated guess as to who the author is. I'd be willing to bet I know who it is.

Remote

I'll take you up on that bet :p I think I have a pretty good hunch but I've been wrong before.. ;)

Burnpro

Supar ***
looking at the progress of the emulator i wouldnt be surprised if the main author is jabo and/or smith... they know what they are doing so i guess is someone that has already made an n64 emu before...

Eagle

aka Alshain
Burnpro said:
looking at the progress of the emulator i wouldnt be surprised if the main author is jabo and/or smith... they know what they are doing so i guess is someone that has already made an n64 emu before...

I dont know, I think Jabo is content to continue with JNES and his plugins for N64 and while Smiff is great with his website and the INI I'm not sure he has a lot of programming experience (I could be wrong, but I'm sure he will tell us). As for Zilmar (whom you didnt mention) I dont believe he will do another emulator. The last time I talked to him, he was quite burnt on the idea. I had somebody else in mind and Remote knows who my best guess is cause as soon as he saw my post he PMed me with the name of who I thought it was.

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
here's a hint: it's someone very talented with graphics

I know it seems to be a "small" hint but it can narrow down the list ;)

Trotterwatch

I am pretty much 100% certain I've known who the authors are since day 1 :) If I'm eventually proved wrong I guarantee I will admit it. I don't wanna contribute to speculation though in the forum.

PhoenixA1

Is Dolphin true?

Is Dolphin really in development, if it is, why so much mystery about it?
PCSX2 now is emulating almost like Dolphin, and CXBX is already in the level of Dolphin.

Man how would I love to download it, just to see for myself.