What's new

1964 install problem

AdamBa17

When i install 1964 and it loads up, it tells me it cant find the RiceDaedalus5.2.0.dll, even though it is right there in the folder!!!!

So i download more graphics plugins and put them in the plugins folder and when i go to change plugins, there are none listed in the video plugins pulldown menu, even though i put new ones in there.

what the hell is going on?!?!

Trotterwatch

Use the uninstall reg scripts provided in the uinstall folder, then reinstall 1964. Also ensure you are at least using DX8.

OP
A

AdamBa17

yeh i did that and it did the same thing again.

ive got directx9 installed so i duno whats going on, its just not detecting the actual dll for some reason.

its detecting the audio and input plugins, but just not this one.

is there another one i can download or sumin to see if it works.
also, why cant i use any other plugins.

thanks and sorry to be annoying.

EDIT----------

ps. i have no ini file for 1964. is this normal? do i have to download one?
i had one in all the previous versions.

Last edited:
OP
A

AdamBa17

sorry but i just realised it must be the 5.20dll coz i tried it with PJ64 and it could load there either.
it must be the dll but i cant download another anywhere (i searched)

i also cant get other plugins to work although i extracted them to the plugin folder.

Trotterwatch

Did you definately download this file (the installer) through the proper sources? As it sounds like a corrupt install to me.

The 5.20.dll has a dependency on one of the .dll files, msvcp71.dll - this must be put into your system32 folder, or the emulators folder in order for that plugin to work. A copy should already be in your 1964 folder, so just copy that to the PJ64 one to use Rices in PJ64.

OP
A

AdamBa17

yeah i downloaded it through the proper place, and i even re-downloaded it thinking i made a mistake.

i dont know what to do anymore, its just messed up.
i dont want to have to format my computer, maybe ill just have to go out and buy an old n64 for cheap.

Trotterwatch

For some reason it seems like it's looking in the wrong place for the plugins or something. Does Jabos D3D work in the emulator for you?

OP
A

AdamBa17

no, i extracted it to the plugins folder but its not even listed on the dropdown menu.
its finding the schibo audio dll and the nrage dll and they are in the same folder as the 5.20. its just not detecting that one, or any other plugins that i put into the folder.

its strange.

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Trots, this seems like the same problem I was having before. AdamBa, you need to check the plugins folder, make sure you have the plugin folder you want selected, and uncheck the use default plugin folder if it is different from the one you use.

Clements

Download WinRAR, right click the 1964 installation file and select "Extract Here". It should work after that, since it'll skip the installation and extract the files.

OP
A

AdamBa17

ur gona hate readin this reply but i tried that and evrything and it just aint working.

i installed it to a different location and it still aint working.

its just the video plugin that is the problem everytime.

<b>is there anywhere else i can download this from (somewhere posted on a site or something) or can someone upload it to the graphics plugin section or something?</b>

it seems to be that file that is corrupt.

Last edited: