What's new

Cheat Finder?

DarkSerge

Hello

Schibo refered me to come here in a email to check up to see if its gonna be done or not in a future version of 1964..so here I am...basically I asked him if in the future him and his co athors are gonna add a cheat finder to it..it would be nice for us that want to hack new gameshark codes for games...there's no n64 emu out there that has one(excluding nemu64 which is unstable for me and doesn't reduce the results)...and again good job on the new version of 1964 you guys!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
DarkSerge said:
Hello

Schibo refered me to come here in a email to check up to see if its gonna be done or not in a future version of 1964..so here I am...basically I asked him if in the future him and his co athors are gonna add a cheat finder to it..it would be nice for us that want to hack new gameshark codes for games...there's no n64 emu out there that has one(excluding nemu64 which is unstable for me and doesn't reduce the results)...and again good job on the new version of 1964 you guys!

Hi DarkSerge.

well as nice as the option would be.......

there is quit alot that would have to change in 1964 itself to allow the function.

As I'm sure you already know 1964 cheats do not support versions of roms, only Regions.

The reason for this is: 1964 does not know the difference between them.

So if you was to make a cheat search for say Zelda oot (u) v1.2....
once you have made the cheat & seen the effect to work and added it to the cheat databse, it would then be used by all versions of that Region as long as you tell it what Region it is 1st. (if not then all regions will share it also)

This is a problem as I'm sure you apreciate, that cheats are Version specific and do not share the same cheats from version to version.

so really for this to work, 1964 would have to know each Rom by CRC to allow cheats per ROM CRC. (hence knowing it is for the (U) v1.2 and nothing else)

That way the cheat you have created for that One Game, is only for that one game.

Also 1964 does not support Mod Codes such as

Laps To Race
80xxxxxx 00??
00 no laps to go
01 1 lap to go
02 2 laps to go

etc.

so even you made that kind of code, you could not add it like that as they are not supported :)

so you would have to enter each one as a single code with a note saying only use one at a time.

Last edited:
OP
D

DarkSerge

Gent said:
Hi DarkSerge.

well as nice as the option would be.......

there is quit alot that would have to change in 1964 itself to allow the function.

As I'm sure you already know 1964 cheats do not support versions of roms, only Regions.

The reason for this is: 1964 does not know the difference between them.

So if you was to make a cheat search for say Zelda oot (u) v1.2....
once you have made the cheat & seen the effect to work and added it to the cheat databse, it would then be used by all versions of that Region as long as you tell it what Region it is 1st. (if not then all regions will share it also)

This is a problem as I'm sure you apreciate, that cheats are Version specific and do not share the same cheats from version to version.

so really for this to work, 1964 would have to know each Rom by CRC to allow cheats per ROM CRC. (hence knowing it is for the (U) v1.2 and nothing else)

That way the cheat you have created for that One Game, is only for that one game.

Also 1964 does not support Mod Codes such as

Laps To Race
80xxxxxx 00??
00 no laps to go
01 1 lap to go
02 2 laps to go

etc.

so even you made that kind of code, you could not add it like that as they are not supported :)

so you would have to enter each one as a single code with a note saying only use one at a time.

hello

Yeah I understand what you mean...but I was thinking of a plain cheat finder(as in without the cheat applier)...that will display the results(and you could reduce them unlike nemu) you you could test them on the real thing..or another emu like Project64...thanks for the quick reply

OP
D

DarkSerge

Soemthing else I tought of..if your fimilar with psx emulation..you would of noticed not long ago the author of pec created a video dll add on that lets you do cheat searches and apply them to the psx ram..the name of it is [pec]chu I think. would it be possible for rice to make something like this for the n64(before you ask I allready asked the creater of [pec]chu if he would make it for the n64 and he said he had no interest in n64 emulation to make it) or would it have the same versions of rom problem as adding it directly to the emu?