What's new

An idea

Clements

I have various palette files that I like to use with JNes and it's a great feature.

But: When I load a custom palette, the open window will always default to my Rom folder, so I have to browse for my palette files every time I want to load a palette, and this cannot be changed.

So here's my suggestion: How about adding an extra thing in Options > Settings to be able to assign a path to a palette directory? Then this problem would be solved.

Would you be interested in adding such a feature in a future JNes, Jabo?

Thanks.

Edit: Also, could the last palette used be saved somehow? When I use a custom palette, it reverts back to JNes' internal palette when I close the emulator so I have to browse for the palette each time I start JNes. That would be awesome, n'est-ce pas? :D

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Erm let's see, it should actually save the last palette you use, if that's not working I'll fix it for 0.5.3, good info to know when stuff is broken

The palette directory, actually in theory it should just default to your Jnes directory and not your rom folder I would guess, since your palettes are more likely to be stored near Jnes... I'll do those two things

OP
Clements

Clements

Thanks for the quick reply Jabo! I'm sure you can sort something out! v0.5.3'll be fantastic I can just feel it! :happy: