What's new

How to use Nemu's Dumps

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a kinda off-topic post, but I installed 3D Studio MAX on my pc, and it ruined my system files. I had to move it back to a restore point (and THAT wasn't fun).

Are there any small-time programs that don't really change anything in your system and allow you to view the VRML dumps of Nemu? I was just curious, because I wanted to view the dumps, and maybe edit the characters a little bit for fun or something like that.

Also, "I" probably messed it up myself because I never even knew exactly what 3DS MAX does. I just saw some cool images, and wanted to view them myself. Well, my mistake.

Neophyte

jessman1988 said:
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a kinda off-topic post, but I installed 3D Studio MAX on my pc, and it ruined my system files. I had to move it back to a restore point (and THAT wasn't fun).

Are there any small-time programs that don't really change anything in your system and allow you to view the VRML dumps of Nemu? I was just curious, because I wanted to view the dumps, and maybe edit the characters a little bit for fun or something like that.

Also, "I" probably messed it up myself because I never even knew exactly what 3DS MAX does. I just saw some cool images, and wanted to view them myself. Well, my mistake.

3D Exploration will allow you to view the files that are dumped.

You can find a free 30 day trial version here:

http://www.voodoofiles.com/342

Just remember that you can't edit any of those files with 3D exploration. It is for converting and viewing only.

If you need, or would like, to modify the files you are probably going to need a 3D modeling program. There are plenty out there but some of the most popular ones are:

Milkshape. Free trial version. Cost $20(i think) to register.
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

Blender. Completely FREE. My personal favorite. Fully featured.
http://www.blender3d.com/

Wings3D. Completely FREE. Easy for beginners.
http://www.wings3d.com/

There are other 3D modellers out there if you look but these are the ones that come to my mind readily that don't really mess with your system files(to my knowledge).

Also, it is a wise idea to get 3D exploration even if you plan on modifying the files with a modeller because not all of those modellers can import .wrl dumps so having a tool to convert to a file format that the modeller can accept would be ideal.

Oh, and if you can get the levels for Conker's dumped then could you post how you did it? I would would appreciate it. :)

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
well, for some reason, Nemu isn't 100% supprted on my pc, and freezes whenever I try to play certain games, but I've easily been able to get other levels from games just by hitting the export button when I'm on the terrain that I want.

Neophyte

jessman1988 said:
well, for some reason, Nemu isn't 100% supprted on my pc, and freezes whenever I try to play certain games, but I've easily been able to get other levels from games just by hitting the export button when I'm on the terrain that I want.

Don't feel too bad. I can't get it to work at all on my PC. :blush:

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
lmao. Conker freezes whenever I even try to play it on Nemu. It only works on PJ64 for me, sorry that I can't help.

P.S. Are you the guy trying to make the Conker sequel? If you are, you could always try using DK64/Banjo Kazooie terrains. They look kinda similar and wouldn't collide too bad, lol.

dnrobs

a new conkers game can i do the voiceovers?
co*bleep*ucker
mo*bleep*ucker
sheep*bleep*ger
i*bleep*kea
ok i went over the top on the last m *bleep* effing i rules

Neophyte

jessman1988 said:
P.S. Are you the guy trying to make the Conker sequel? If you are, you could always try using DK64/Banjo Kazooie terrains. They look kinda similar and wouldn't collide too bad, lol.

Yeah, that's me. I'd use the DK64/Banjo Kazooie terrains(or better yet make my own) if that's what I wanted, but what I'm aiming for is an accuarte reproduction of the multiplayer levels. What I'm planing on doing is acquiring the geo for the levels(how I really don't know yet) and turning it into a multiplayer game that can be played peer-to-peer.

I have a buddy who is in the airforce and I used to play games with him all the time. Now that he is on the other side of the continent and can only visit during Christmas, I can't really play games with him so that is one of my motivations for making this. I want to play Conker's with him, and if I can get the geo of the levels, I can remake the game and play with/against him even though he is on the otherside of the continent. He's the one who introduced me to this wonderfull game known as Conker's Bad Fur Day so I at least owe it to him to make a decent effort. Oh, and I plan on making it freely available as well so I can show off my excellent sniping skills and make some new friends/opponents in the process. ;) I'm not sure where I'll host it though.

Neophyte

dnrobs said:
a new conkers game can i do the voiceovers?
co*bleep*ucker
mo*bleep*ucker
sheep*bleep*ger
i*bleep*kea
ok i went over the top on the last m *bleep* effing i rules

Sure, If I can ever get this project off the ground. I was hoping to find some way to rip the sound but it looks like it will have to be made instead.