What's new

Banjo Tooie - crashes in Jolly Rogers Lagoon

Bloatyhead

Hope someone can help me soon or I will explode!!

Been playing Banjo Tooie for quite awhile and got to Jolly Rogers Lagoon. Done most of it then found the "window" in the bar which opens up the way to Grunty Industries via the pipe. I then worked out I could stop the fans with the ice eggs (ok, I know I'm slow!) so went back to the sunken ship, did that pipe and returned to the other one.

I F5'd the game just as I was going into the entrance (already been in there before) and now it just crashes to the desktop. I tried using the game's savegame and that does the same thing.

Question is, do I start the game from the beginning (not really an option) or is there a way round this? I have other savegames but the most far along one is only to Glitter Gulch Mine and I couldn't face doing the rest of the levels again, getting to the same place and having it happen again :(

Please help!!!

Zilla

夢を見られた
Was it one of those things that fixed itself? Banjo-tooie is especially prone to crashing completely randomly on my system. :-/

OP
B

Bloatyhead

Hi Zilla,

No, it didn't resolve itself but I found I could get at the area from another direction so just had to remember not to go through the hole in the wall. Started from the previous savefile which meant I had to do quite a bit again but not all, thank goodness and I did decide I wouldn't feel quilty if I was invincible whilst replaying areas :p

This particular game does seem to be rather flaky, I get random "all-stops" quite a bit which is very frustrating if you've not saved recently!

I'm going to have to get some recommendations for my next rom to try out!