What's new

new minor release?

dpw2atox

ok i was just curious if there will be a new minor release soon with all the new plugins fully updated and maybe 1 or 2 small fixes as well. Just curious so please don't be mad.

Zilla

夢を見られた
I'd love to see something like a 3.2 release, maybes even some RPM's with all the latest plugins?

I think Hacktaraux(sp?) is a busy guy atm though... :(

Bad sound synching and lockups (maybe because of this?) Is the only reason I still use windows for pj64. :geek:
linux.gif

Last edited:

Villela

Maybe a CVS could be great for Mupen64, but i was reading the Mupen64 documents and i understood Mupen64 is writen first in Windows and before ported for Linux, so a CVS will not help too much if you see that the in Windows the percentage of people who haves a compiler is really small compared with Linux, but if Mupen64 has changed and Malcon is making in Linux and porting for Windows a CVS can be a great improove

blight

huh?
hacktarux is the core developer of mupen64 and he is the only one... a n64 emu is very complex and it would need a few very good programmers with quite some experience that they don't get into each others way when working on same parts at the same time.... since hacktarux is the only one working on it CVS would be kinda useless (except for the people who want bloody unstable code ;))
the core of mupen is written in pure ANSI C so it could even be compiled for a microcontroller or something :p
the part which makes mupen64 portable is the gtk gui for linux and a windows gui for windows

ciruZ

I think the Windows Version is useless.
There's a Linux version using SDL and GTK, so why a version with SDL and MFC?
GTK is portable - you only need to recompile it on Windows.
So if you stop developing on the MFC / Windows Version you can develop faster, Hacktarux. GTK is enough for the Windows users, they don't need MFC.
I think the Linux version has future, because Mupen is the only workling Linux N64 Emulator, on Windows you can get other emulators and noone uses Mupen on Windows.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
The windows gui isn't using MFC, it's only using the windows api.... And if it were using gtk, it would have been impossible to use the existing video plugins....

Anyway, i'm only doing the core and the gtk and windows gui aren't done by the same person hence it can't slow down developpement :)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
ciruZ said:
I think the Windows Version is useless.
There's a Linux version using SDL and GTK, so why a version with SDL and MFC?
GTK is portable - you only need to recompile it on Windows.
So if you stop developing on the MFC / Windows Version you can develop faster, Hacktarux. GTK is enough for the Windows users, they don't need MFC.
I think the Linux version has future, because Mupen is the only workling Linux N64 Emulator, on Windows you can get other emulators and noone uses Mupen on Windows.

u should mind your words,say that no one uses Mupen on Windows is foolishness,when Mupen gets better (and since Hacktarux is the most active author of n64 emulator that there is)u think that pj64 will be anything?or the people will use 1964?No,they will use mupen.

Shin_Gouki

IMO the Windows Version of Mupen is GREAT!!!
may be Linux is a little better ;)
i like on both Systems ^^
wbr Shin Gouki

ciruZ

I haven't said that noone uses mupen on windows.
@hacktarux:
Hmm, how about that:
You just initlaize the windows api and use gtk - so the plugins would work, too, and noone has to change two interfaces :)

Last edited:

blight

obviously you don't understand, ciruZ
the linux version uses gtk
the windows version DOES NOT USE ANY MFC SHIT - it uses win32 api (MFC is a sucking set if C++ classes built onto the win32 api) so shut the fuck up and inform yourself before you post the same shit twice!

human stupidity is the only thing which can be infinite!

ciruZ

blight said:
obviously you don't understand, ciruZ
the linux version uses gtk
the windows version DOES NOT USE ANY MFC SHIT - it uses win32 api (MFC is a sucking set if C++ classes built onto the win32 api) so shut the fuck up and inform yourself before you post the same shit twice!

human stupidity is the only thing which can be infinite!
Read my edited post, i haven't seen hacktarux post at first, but then edited my post.

Villela

Sorry about the sugestion, i don't think it would cause a war or something like this

I use Mupen64 in Linux only for testing(a 3d problem), and i like Mupen64 in windows too, but Mupen64(at windows) looks like that works only when he wants :D

I said about cvs not only for the users, but to preserve more code or something like this, no need to be every time compilant, maybe for people see what Hactarux is doing with the emu and make sugestions

blight

ciruZ: yes, plugins which have been ported from windows to gtk would not have to be ported back from gtk to windows - very smart suggestion!
plus it would break windows-plugins (or be hard to make both working) so please, finally, just shut up

ciruZ

blight said:
ciruZ: yes, plugins which have been ported from windows to gtk would not have to be ported back from gtk to windows - very smart suggestion!
plus it would break windows-plugins (or be hard to make both working) so please, finally, just shut up
No, you really don't understand it.
Hacktarux said that the Windows Version uses the WinApi because of the Plugins that need the WinApi. (because they were written for Windows)
My suggestion was to just initialise the WinApi so that those plugins work and then use GTK. No plugin has to use GTK then (only the Linux Plugins).

You understand now what I mean?

blight

1st) initialization of the windows API is not needed in any way - you just use it's functions
2nd) initializing it WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH FOR PLUGINS TO WORK because they want pointers to HWNDs and stuff

and altough it might be possible to use a gtk gui under windows with the windows plugin working at the same time (like stated by me earlier IIRC) it's just plain stupid - there are people willing to work on a windows gui and they do good work - if you don't like their work make your own

ciruZ

blight said:
1st) initialization of the windows API is not needed in any way - you just use it's functions
2nd) initializing it WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH FOR PLUGINS TO WORK because they want pointers to HWNDs and stuff

and altough it might be possible to use a gtk gui under windows with the windows plugin working at the same time (like stated by me earlier IIRC) it's just plain stupid - there are people willing to work on a windows gui and they do good work - if you don't like their work make your own
I've just said that there are things that are more important. Ok, you're right, I really don't know the winapi because I hate windows and use GTK.
You said in the PM the plugins need a HWND, I didn't know that because I don't know how winapi works - so forget my idea.

blight

If you hate windows why have you made such a post in the first place? You should have known (like was told) that hacktarux does not waste any time coding guis