What's new

GameShark crashing PJ64?

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
I was using the built-in cheat database (GameShark Codes) in PJ64 just now.

The game I was playing was Zelda: Majora's Mask. I hacked it a bit so that I would get the Gold Dust (Which you have to get from that extremely irritating Goron Race). I checked my inventory, and saw no new item. So I tried selecting "GameShark Codes" from the drop-down menu again... and my computer reboots. Is this just a registry glitch or what? ???

Not that it's really a problem, but I just wanted to ask if people have been experiencing something similar.

RadeonUser

Well, the only way you get the gold dust is by getting 1st place. After that, you have to talk to the smallest goron there (forgot his name) Then he'll say you're the best and he'll give you a bottle with Gold Dust.

I've never experienced that with a cheat, but... I don't have the E verison of the game...

OP
Royal Fool

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Got a point there.

The GameShark is sold as Action Replay in Europe... mostly the same system, but some codes should never be entered into the GameShark, and vice versa.

Eagle

aka Alshain
There are some codes (mostly incorrect ones, but some that work most of the time) that crash the original N64, so I would be surprised if none of them crashed PJ64.