What's new

FPS too low

OP
B

Bluejester

Mystic Gohan said:
what are your pc specs? You might want to try and reinstall jnes also and see what that does.

I turned off the audio and it runs fine. So it's a sound issue. I have an integrated sound card which my roommate says is crap. MIDI and mp3s run fine, but now Jnes won't ??? :(

revl8er

That Damn Good
Post your complete pc specs so we can help you out. Integrated sound really shouldn't be a problem with jnes because the specs really aint that high on it. Have you tried version 0.5.2? If you haven't then give it a shot and see if it works.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I couldn't agree more, the only information we have is you have an ATI Rage Ultra 32MB AGP, not really much help, a more detailed CPU/RAM/Motherboard/Audio list would greatly help

You might also be interested in going to your various manufacturer website(s) and downloading their latest WHQL drivers

OP
B

Bluejester

Jabo said:
I couldn't agree more, the only information we have is you have an ATI Rage Ultra 32MB AGP, not really much help, a more detailed CPU/RAM/Motherboard/Audio list would greatly help

You might also be interested in going to your various manufacturer website(s) and downloading their latest WHQL drivers

I'm not too computer literate, so not sure what's important

Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
256MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHz
32MB ATI RAGE ULTRA $X AGP
20GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive
Integrated ADI 1885 Audio

Anything else?

Jnes used to work, but now I got the issue with this and any otehr NES emulator. Funny thing is, Other emulators work fine, Like ZNES and MAME.

Oh, and I have XP for an OS. I'm not sure what WHQL drivers are, but my roommate said I do have the latest audio driver (he was trying to help me with the problem.)

I do appreciate any help to get me back to playing classic Megaman :D

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hrm, doesn't make much sense, it's a fairly good setup (I've never heard of that integrated audio tho) but XP usually has good reliability.

Not sure why only NES emulators dont work either, that doesn't make much sense.. other emus have automatic frame skipping which you might not see..

go to the start menu -> run and type "dxdiag", go to the sound tab and you may wish to play around with the hardware acceleration slider, as well as using the "test" button, this is just an idea to help you .. i really don't know what is wrong

if you have any jnes error logs that is extremely helpful as well, and why is it that it used to work but now does not ? What changed ? I assume nothing silly is going on like you are trying to use Super 2xSaI right or any software zoom method?

Last edited:

smegforbrain

Jabo said:
(I've never heard of that integrated audio tho)

I'm guessing it's a sound card that's part of the motherboard. My old computer was like this, but since it was only a 466mhz celeron, I wasn't even going to bother asking how to get sound flawlessly for Jnes. :)