What's new

Problem with screen size in few games

Allnatural

When I fire up Banjo-Kazooie, the image is confined to just one corner of the screen for some reason. This does not happen in pj64.

Games also effected include Turok 2 and Conker's Bad Fur Day, again only in 1964.

And no, these are not PAL roms.

Razman

I have the same problem with Conker!
I have the latest build of 1964, with Jabbo's D3D 1.4 (DX 7)!
I changed the resolution, but it doesn't have any effect!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i think its something that needs to be done manually in the ini (whoevas writing the new ini for the emu take note), its something to do with maximum height, and its mainlly pal roms. theres a thread on the pj64 forum, i think its sticky.

Tesla-Guy

lol only roms that have this problem are US roms on my pc :p i don't have the E version for those roms so i don't know. Only way to fix it is as sk8 said or change back to jabo's d3d6 1.3

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i doubt it involves going back to 1.3, as loads of testers didnt pick up on this (i dont think). so its most probably an ini thing which can be fixed with an ini release. or maybe something, cos my roms are US too..

Tesla-Guy

"loads of testers" just get the beta and play roms without even giving feedback. :p well what does it mind going back to 1.3?

flow``

flow``
as far as i know, there were only a few limited testers for this release; not as many as the previous releases. I would say quit complaining and look for a solution.. try the DX6 build or check for options that might help solve some of these things

Eddy

I Run This
i dont think its in the ini, because there is nothing about it on the game settings window sk8.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmm..wat could it be...its actually makes pj64 1.4 seem very unfinished or rushed as these are big games. lots of people play banjo kazooie. i suppose without the beta testing there would be loads more probs though...so im thankful for that.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

sk8bloke22 said:
hmm..wat could it be...its actually makes pj64 1.4 seem very unfinished or rushed as these are big games. lots of people play banjo kazooie. i suppose without the beta testing there would be loads more probs though...so im thankful for that.
I wouldn't say PJ64 was rushed because of this problem. As I stated in the original post, this problem is ONLY in 1964. The game looks fine using the same plugins in PJ64.

I can also confirm now that switching to Jabo's DX6 plugin yields the same results.

NooTe

You're right... Jabo add an special graphics setting in Project64 for correct this ratio error (only on euro roms)... unfortunatly, all others emulators like 1964 or apollo or deadalus can't support this setting...
So, Jabo decide to stop and to keep his plugin 'as is'...

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Well that's too bad but what do you expect from a free game which you downloaded from the internet. :pissed:

If you want the real deal you should get the real deal !!!

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

NooTe said:
You're right... Jabo add an special graphics setting in Project64 for correct this ratio error (only on euro roms)... unfortunatly, all others emulators like 1964 or apollo or deadalus can't support this setting...
So, Jabo decide to stop and to keep his plugin 'as is'...
Hmm, looked in the PJ64 rdb and found ratio settings for NTSC roms (like BK) as well as for the PAL versions. Didn't know that was necessary.???

Cobra95

The solution is to move PJ64's rdb file into the 1964 folder. This has already been posted elsewhere, but belongs here as well.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Cobra95 said:
The solution is to move PJ64's rdb file into the 1964 folder. This has already been posted elsewhere, but belongs here as well.
Yeah, I read those other threads. This one here is kind of old now; I thought it had faded into page 2 limbo.:D

Thanks though.:)