What's new

1964 0.8.5 is a hidden treasure

samura

I've recently downloaded all of US n64 roms (297 us roms) and give them a try with 1964 0.8.5. I've found out that only 6 games don't boot which gives 1964 0.8.5 a fantastic compatibility rate.
I wonder if in 1964.0.9.9 (I don't like to call it final because it makes me sad :down: ) compatibility rate can almost reach near 100%....

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
be ready to be flamed to say that.

Edit:plz read the rules (they r somewhere)

Last edited:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Felipe said:
be ready to be flamed to say that.

Edit:plz read the rules (they r somewhere)

He’s not actually requested where to get, or named where he got the roms.

I too wonder how close to 100% the compatibility rate could be in this next release. But surly you don’t count the game just booting as being compatible. In my mind it has to be playable.

merry xmas :santa:

Trotterwatch

Yeah, I'm not sure what Felipe was talking about there :)

I think Niggy has the right idea with regards to compatibility, and I think that is where 1964 gets big marks most that boot up are also entirely playable.

Out of interest which 6 games don't boot?

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i thought u would ban him because he said that downloaded roms of n64,but good u wont do it.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Trotterwatch said:
Well he downloaded them via his N64 ;) We'll just assume that eh.

The real Hidden treasure is when you want some Infinite health on most games you end up with Instant death ;)

Thats my fav bit with 0.8.5 :p

OP
S

samura

ehehe, that's entirely correct!!
Regarding your question, Trotterwatch, in 1964 0.8.5 these games (Us games)won't boot:

-NFL QuaterBack club 98
-Mia Hamm Soccer 64
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
-Star Wars Episode I-Battle for Naboo
-World Driver Championship
-Stunt Racer 64

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Trotterwatch said:
Well he downloaded them via his N64 ;) We'll just assume that eh.

well,i wont say anything ;)

ehehe, that's entirely correct!!
Regarding your question, Trotterwatch, in 1964 0.8.5 these games (Us games)won't boot:

-NFL QuaterBack club 98
-Mia Hamm Soccer 64
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
-Star Wars Episode I-Battle for Naboo
-World Driver Championship
-Stunt Racer 64

that means the Resident Evil 2 works without problems on your computer?

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
thanks for the pic Clements,but with pj64 i started RE2,went to Kendo Shop and in talk with the owner,it freezes the image.And the zombies keep flashing too.

Matata

Novato Experimentado
samura said:
I've recently downloaded all of US n64 roms (297 us roms) and give them a try with 1964 0.8.5. I've found out that only 6 games don't boot which gives 1964 0.8.5 a fantastic compatibility rate.
I wonder if in 1964.0.9.9 (I don't like to call it final because it makes me sad :down: ) compatibility rate can almost reach near 100%....

Yeha 1964 has great compatibility, I think it´s even better than PJ64.

pandamoan

Banned
karth95 said:
erm, there's 323 US games, not 297.

where's that text file? i'd love it. i've only got about 315. i'm missing 8!! and i know one of them is razor scooter, i can't find that cartridge for purchase anywhere....

thanks!

pandamoan

Banned
327 roms

karth95 said:
count em yourself, I dunno anymore.

/edit
ah well, i've updated this list and cleaned it up and put it in a thread that wasn't so OT.....

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=171404#post171404

/edit

there's 327 (u) roms according to your list.

:) happy surfing.

/edit
however, you have some dupes (like notice the two versions of bug's life), and you don't have the games that are (e) that never came out as (u), which i like to have as well, as (e) and (u) are both totally readable for the average person on the planet, as just about everyone can read a little english anyway.

sorry for being english centric.

i'm going to edit this text and add the (e) roms that don't have a (u) equiv, and then delete the (u) dupes.

i think this is the list most people on this board would want to have to know their list is complete and comprehensive.

thanks for the great start!
/edit

Last edited: