What's new

Link cable in VBA?

emuexpert

Just asking people plss don't get angry

Hi im wondering if visual boy advance can link cable with LAN
from 1 comp to another
is that possible?

pilm

It isn't an IP-connect box, it's wait for a GDB-debugger connection. Usefull for devellopers.

Knuckles

btw, only asking (for link connection). With the Gameshark for GBC, there was a cable that plugs in the LPT port of the PC and in the link port of the GBC, I wonder if there would be a way to connect a GBA emu with an external GBC using this cable (to play GB games in multi)?

even if I don't think it will be done since it's with the GBC and it would be better to have a LPT->GBA.

anyway, it would be great anyway.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
maybe someone could modify a flash linker cable (the new usb thing, think its callled flash2advance)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
the EZFA Cables plug into the GBA and the SP, its mainly used to read and write data, but if someone could make a program that let you run it via link i guess that might work, but then it would have to be implemented into VBA

XTale

I think it shouldn't be that hard to add LinkCable-Emulation to maybe VBoy - but the other doesn't want to, although its documented well.

Stezo2k

S-2K
XTale said:
I think it shouldn't be that hard to add LinkCable-Emulation to maybe VBoy - but the other doesn't want to, although its documented well.

i wish he wanted to :) just setup a LAN in my house myself, oh well :yucky: