What's new

Simple request for Jabo

s|rens

till the end of time
Jabo, great work on the emu and i love playing on it!

Anyway my request is very simple and might be stupid but here goes.

When i'm playing a game and i want to go to the menu (file, cpu, options...) i think the game should pause automatically. Because when i go to (for eg. to open other rom or close one) the game is still running and the sound goes all stuttery (is that even a word!?). This happens because the framerate drops from 60 to 30.

I think this would probably be pretty easy for you to do... looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I have this problem when I use 2xSaI, or more in general any software stretching method for Zooming.. if you are talking about this than I can confirm it and see what I can do

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
ok, another update, again if this is the problem you are having.. the reason this happened is the usage of nonlocal vid mem to get around needing agp fast writes.. so i'll try to devise something for the next jnes release to get around this, in the mean time you can use 0.5.1 which won't have this issue

OP
s|rens

s|rens

till the end of time
Hey Jabo, sorry i haven't replied earlier but i just read the thread since i posted it.

Yes i am using 2xSaI. It's good to hear you already knew about the problem and now know what was causing it.

Great job as always and i'm going to get back to playing on it!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Jabo said:
I have this problem when I use 2xSaI, or more in general any software stretching method for Zooming.. if you are talking about this than I can confirm it and see what I can do

I have the same problem, but *NOT* until I got the Asus A7V8X-X motherboard, thus I think the Via KT400 chipset or maybe the motherboard is causing the problem, for me. :huh: