What's new

Can't get Project 64 to work!!!

charlie280

I've downloaded and extracted the P64 file but when I try to run it it says 'the default or selected input plugin is missing or invalid' then it says 'failed to load plugin... jabo_dinput.dll' and 'failed to load nrage_dinput8_v2.dll'. WHY? I have these files, they're located in the plugins diretory!!!!

dnrobs

i presume you downloaded pj64 1.5 find this file right click on it then click explore.is the plugin folder there?
if not download it again but dont extract, open instead as it has its own installer

OP
C

charlie280

Still don't work

I have win 98 if I right click on it (in explorer I presume) there is no such option as 'explore'. In any case I'm aware that's it's a self extracting file and opened it as such. It created it's own folders n stuff and I even created the new ones that are suggested by a certain site, roms, save and screenshots, but noooooooo.... it still doesn't work!

OP
C

charlie280

Worth a try

that's where I got it from in the first place. but what the hell I'll give it a try. then I'm givin' up!!

xamenus

I had the same problem just recently, after I downloaded new plugins to experiment with them. (Jabo and Zilmar were right-the default ones are the best :) ) Then that dialog popped up. The only way I could figure of to fix it was to uninstall PJ64, then reinstall it by clicking on PJ64.exe.

dnrobs

ok here goes
click start>run>browse>program files>project64 1.5v right click then chose explore you should see various files folder including project 64.exe and plugin folder if plugin folder isnt there find it then drag and click it
lol its hard to explain just keep trying and make sure plugin folder is in same place as project 64.exe folder

revl8er

That Damn Good
ok here goes
click start>run>browse>program files>project64 1.5v right click then chose explore you should see various files folder including project 64.exe and plugin folder if plugin folder isnt there find it then drag and click it
lol its hard to explain just keep trying and make sure plugin folder is in same place as project 64.exe folder

He already specified that it was in the same location. It gives that error sometimes. I odn't know what he can do to fix it, but mine was fixed by reinstalling direct x.