What's new

Best System Out there! + New Version Question

What would you say is the best system out there?

• ATARI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NES

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • SNES

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sony Playstation 1

• Sony Playstation 2

• Nintendo 64

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Nintendo gamecube

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Neo Geo

• Sega Genesis

• Sega CD

• Sega Saturn

• Sega Dreamcast

• PC

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • OTHER

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzalo17leo

:borg:
First my question
I know it can be hard to program in this emulator.
For the new version of the PS2 Emulator (0.8.1) or whatever. No where have i read that this new version doesent support commercial games. Ive found an emulator that can support a few commercial games. It supports like 4 very well but thats more than this one does. Well to get to the point. Does this new version support commercial, If any, Games.

:party:

Now the poll.
Whats the best system out there?

dnrobs

hmm do you mean wich is best emulated?
each system there has its plus and minus points
even the 3do and jaguar
but for technical advancement and sheer game support the best systems are
snes
playstation
and commodore 64 wich im suprised isnt in your list the music still stands up today and all done on 3 channels
the amiga had dungeon master
sega had sonic and shining force
snes had squaresoft zelda and mario
the list is endless it all depends on how rose tinted youre glasses are.

Clements

Gonzalo17leo said:
Well to get to the point. Does this new version support commercial, If any, Games.

No it doesn't, but it's very good at running demo's (good compatibility).

Gonzalo17leo said:
Now the poll.

Hmm, rather random poll :p

SNES!

pandamoan

Banned
Gonzalo17leo said:
:borg:
First my question
I know it can be hard to program in this emulator.
For the new version of the PS2 Emulator (0.8.1) or whatever. No where have i read that this new version doesent support commercial games. Ive found an emulator that can support a few commercial games. It supports like 4 very well but thats more than this one does. Well to get to the point. Does this new version support commercial, If any, Games.

:party:

Now the poll.

what one runs a couple commercial games? link? thanks!

and obviously PC is the best console, you can build it yourself for pretty cheap, you can customize it yourelf, and it runs about 90% of the consoles you listed, BETTER than the original consoles.

all my consoles are in storage, with the cartridges. all visitors to my house prefer a well set up emu/tv setup. the picture is better (marginally), and you don't have to get up and fiddle with cartridges/disks or any of that crap, just press ESC and wiggle the mouse a bit, and on to the next game!

OP
G

Gonzalo17leo

:party: :party:

Ok well about that emulator that can now support about 4 ps2 commercial games. If i search again ill remember the name. Its not too hard to find it on google though. Its supports cheap games though. The only one that i can remember that it can support is Le mans 24 hours because i used to have it. I dont remember the other three. i didnt get it because the other three sucked however it did say that it supported others as well. I didnt get it because i couldnt trust it. Sometimes its just all about luck :luck: . I dont think that any emu can emulate commercial games out there yet so its why i didnt get this one but i havent tried it so maybe you should try it. ill look for it again sometime. Right now im busy emulating PS1 :) Thats a great system.

revl8er

That Damn Good
There isn't a ps2 emulator that can support commercial games. They can get the games running, but you can't get the game to run after the opening scenes.

OP
G

Gonzalo17leo

Mystic Gohan said:
There isn't a ps2 emulator that can support commercial games. They can get the games running, but you can't get the game to run after the opening scenes.

Yes there is. I tried it and it runs lemans atleast. I dont have the other games so i dont know te other games. This is you need a USB controller with analogs as well and a good videocard and sound card

samuelshq

What about PCSX2

Mystic Gohan said:
What are you on about. Have you looked on www.ngemu.com lately and looked on the news about PCSX2. It can't play commercial games that well but it can (sort of) play Oni, Street Fighter 3, Devil May Cry (trial version), Some soft of Tennis game and run the loading screens to about 40 games. To find out more go to www.pcsx2.net. Most of the games screenshots have only been posted by the PCSX2's BETA testers. So most of the playable games will run on the next version out (0.6). By the way go to http://www.geocities.com/dynamogc. There you will be able to download a gamemaker. That can (surprise surprise) make games. It is only on its third version though (I should know I am developing it). For a better gamemaker though which inspired me to build one go to http://www.gamemaker.nl. This is free even though it comes up with a nag screen at the start. By the way if there are any PCSX2 BETA testers out there can you post some screenshots.

Physsicz

PC's Rule

I'd say the best system is the PC, after all with all the emulators been made you only need a pc and you have them all..

:bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.