What's new

trick for zelda games (and others) that are crashing at random places

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
This is for people who have reported problems in both zelda games. You can try to open memory/memory.c, go to the write_ai function and uncomment the line "delay=0;". Tell me if it fixes your problem. Be warned that it will brake audio/video sync, so you'll probably have wrong fps.

russofris

Uncommenting line 2424 of memory.c as you have suggested has resolved the segfault that I posted earlier. Thank you so very mych!

I will update the other thread.

Thank you for your time,
Frank Russo

qbix

It fixes my problems as well.
I also uncommented the lines in main_gtk.c
which had to do with delay as well.

I haven't experienced other problems like wrong fps or sound misalligned

Thank you.

linemu

hmmm....

seems to be working for zelda OOT... I'll test it with MM soon.. stay tuned.
edit: HEY!! this fixes the "banjo-kazooie-freeze-up-every-second" problem too!!!! ! :)) (is there anything you can't fix?) three cheers for hack!

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Well... i knew it would work but i hate to have to use this trick :( And i know it brakes a few games, i would keep both versions if i were you....

linemu

Hacktarux said:
Well... i knew it would work but i hate to have to use this trick :( And i know it brakes a few games, i would keep both versions if i were you....

Well... my regular .3 mupen64 crashes on all my favorite games.... So this is way better than that... but I still keep my faithfull .2 handy.
p.s tested MM and it works great!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
No delay for you! muhaha :evil:
Hack, sounds like something is funky with the way you trigger events. :)

killthegene

One Kool dude
Hacktarux said:
This is for people who have reported problems in both zelda games. You can try to open memory/memory.c, go to the write_ai function and uncomment the line "delay=0;". Tell me if it fixes your problem. Be warned that it will brake audio/video sync, so you'll probably have wrong fps.

makes no visible difference to me... zelda MM still crashes after starting (using GLN64 0.4.1-rc3)

killthegene

One Kool dude
linemu said:
Well... my regular .3 mupen64 crashes on all my favorite games.... So this is way better than that... but I still keep my faithfull .2 handy.

sounds like a sensible idea.

where can i find a binary of 0.2 for linux?
the link in the emulation64 archives is dead

catfishk

Hacktarux said:

where do i find this file to ammend? i am using v 0.3 in Gentoo linux. i don't seem to have a memory.c file- should i be looking outside the mupen64 directories?

-c

syaoran

thank you, it seems that now Zelda OOT doesn't crash any more
but i have a problem: if i use mupen64 compiled by me, it says that it can't load the glN64-0.4.1-rc3 plugin, giving this error:

Couldn't load plugin '/home/syaochan/Documents/emu64/./plugins/glN64-0.4.1.so': /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1: undefined symbol: glPixelStorei

so i have to use 0.3.1 version, that gives some graphic errors like wrong textures...
running the binary downloaded from mupen's site i don't have any problem (except the random crashes... ^__^)
can anyone help me?

olivieryuyu

Hacktarux said:

I try it and it break few games .... Back to normal 0.3 version it's better

blight

hmm strange.... dunno what could be the problem (and ain't got an ATi card to mess around with either)

syaoran

blight said:
if the binary works i'd say you should use the binary
as i said before, with the binary version of mupen i can use the glN64-0.4.1 plugin, but mupen crashes after a few minutes of play
with mupen compiled by me, uncommenting the line "delay=0", it doesn't crashes but i can't use the glN64-0.4.1 plugin -__-

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
the problem is probably with your drivers... try to search on the internet how you're supposed to compile opengl applications with ati drivers installed.

Anyway if you can't find a solution, don't worry the next release will be out soon (i'll finalize it as soon as i'm done with exams within a week).