What's new

Blights SDL Input > Mdk 9.2 > MS Sidewinder?

Zilla

夢を見られた
I'd love to be able to get this pad working. :) :linux:
It's on /dev/usb/hid, is it as simple as symlinking?? :crazy:

Code:
Microsoft® SideWinder® Game Pad USB

Manufacturer: Microsoft®

Class
(Interface)
Subclass
Protocol
USB Version

Vendor ID
0x45e
(Microsoft Corp.)
Product ID
0x7
Revision

Speed
1.5 Mbit/s
Channels
Max. Packet Size

Also, using the keyboard isn't any good with the analog stick, since keypresses seem to be repeating, making it impossible to play. :(

Last edited:

blight

Since this pad is a HID (Human Input Device) it doesn't need a special driver - it should already work (does any other SDL application find it?)

piccolo17486

hehe same problem here... want to try my n64 to pc converter.. its also HID and works nice under windows.. also found in linux as hid but dont work..
keyboard is also impossible to use for me :(

EDIT:
sry blight.. the plugin works very good with keyboard :D
just had the wrong versiom i thought 0.0.8-b would be older than only 8... but i was wrong...
Thanks for the good work... now i only have to get this sound thing to work.. and perhaps the pad later...

Last edited:

txOjO

MDKEiToR
I have 3 ways for gaming and no problem.

1st - Interact 3DFX GamePad FF(SBLive MIDI port: modprobe emu10k1-gp) - module loaded : modprobe interact

2nd - Wingman USB 6 buttons- HID - module load : modprobe joydev

3rd - Racing Storm USB Wheel Force Feedback - module load: modprobe hid / modprobe event / modprobe hid-core / modprobe hid-usb modprobe iforce(optional if you have iforce drivers installed).
I put in the config file /etc/modules like this:

emu10k1-gp
joydev
hid
hid-core
hid-usb
iforce
event
interact
fglrx
scsi_hostadapter
bttv

The problem is the 1st controller, USB always be the first, and Wheel+xmame for example, in ghost 'n' goblins is the unique problem i found :happy:

Good luck!!!

OP
Zilla

Zilla

夢を見られた
modprobe joydev

....Sometimes I'm really stupid... :shaun: :happy: