What's new

Mupen64 on Knoppix

piccolo17486

Since i dont have linux right now installed, im waiting for my new hd, i just tried Mupen64 on the new Knoppix...
my system:
some weird sound card, works fine in knoppix, but not that good
Ati Radeon 8500, works nice :)
athlon 2000xp
so i just put it on the ramdrive with the gln64 .4.1 RC2 release and blights sdl input and jttl sdl sound plugin...
i had some roms on my windows hd...
everythings workes great beside speed and sound, both was to fast... i dont know really why, perhaps you can help me...
the gpu output was very good in most games (mario, just a red eye, fzero some black things, mario kart very nice), i just had problems with zelda, which looked very ugly :(
i think thats a problem with the knoppix gl driver or just with the ati radeon under linux...

in the end i was happy to get n64 so quick running nice under linux :D ...

bye

PS: forget that i also had problems with blights sdl input.. dont know why but the analog stick input was weird... :( if i push the button for a direction it stayd in this way, and so it was impossible for me to use that plugin in the end...

Last edited:

JttL

piccolo17486 said:
so i just put it on the ramdrive with the gln64 .4.1 RC2 release and blights sdl input and jttl sdl sound plugin...
i had some roms on my windows hd...
everythings workes great beside speed and sound, both was to fast... i dont know really why, perhaps you can help me...

You got emulator running too fast and problems with sound. Definatly problem with sound plugin as it handles the slowdown. I could have a look at this problem but you need to rebuild the sound plugin from sources with -DDEBUG added to CFLAGS (tip: the Makefile). Then start mupen and pipe the output to file.
Code:
#./mupen64 > output.txt

Then start a game that is causing problems but don't start playing as there will be few megabytes of debug data in a minute and I'm only interested of the stuff in the beginning of the file (the sound device initialization which is propably the problem). Then mail it to me juha dot luotio at porofarmi dot net.

OP
piccolo17486

piccolo17486

hmm blight.. i loaded the newest version from your page and still have this problem :(
the 0.0.8 release, the newest one from 8.2003...
any ideas?

@jttl... hehe just saw that there is a error that sdl-config is missing and i cant install it on the ram drive.. so i have to make an hdd install.. and so i have to wait...

Last edited: