What's new

Wrong language?

Shienarier

When i start Zelda - Ocarina of time, everything seems fine.
Until i select a slot for my character.
Then instead of the latin alfabet, i get something that looks like chineese letters.
The same ROM works fine in windows with another emulator.
Mupen64 tells me that the ROM is american.

ciruZ

Hmm, i have no problems with Zelda OoT. I have the US Version, too, and its always english.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
I never see any ROM in "chinese", other strange characters is the japan but chinese? :) if you are one ROM in this language , please! take snapshot and put here for see, i can read some words in chinese :sleeping:
I have in Esp(spanish) and runs perfectly 99,7% traduced :)

JttL

Japanese letters

Shienarier said:
When i start Zelda - Ocarina of time, everything seems fine.
Until i select a slot for my character.
Then instead of the latin alfabet, i get something that looks like chineese letters.
The same ROM works fine in windows with another emulator.
Mupen64 tells me that the ROM is american.

I had this problem once, It's a problem in video plugin, try different one. glN64 works fine for me. And it's japanese text not chinese, even I can see that even I know nothing about those languages.

OP
S

Shienarier

JttL said:
I had this problem once, It's a problem in video plugin, try different one. glN64 works fine for me. And it's japanese text not chinese, even I can see that even I know nothing about those languages.

Well... If you do know the difference, you obviously know something about the two languages. Wouldn't you think? Besides, my math teacher, a Japanese, says that it's not that easy to say. Except from the part that Nintendo games usualy come in Japanese and not Chinese :) So, your bragging is better left unsaid. Goes for any bragging i would say.