What's new

SDL Sound 1.1.1

txOjO

MDKEiToR
I Believe in you :)

G.R.E.A.T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:
It's the best plugin in the world.
Finally rules "perfectly" on my system.
You are god, you are the programmer of the century :)
jttl , in these moment , play any ROM (if work with the core ) at full speed
and full SYNC, only few games sounds buggy, but with some audio plugins the sound is buggy again.
This is the best release and many many many thanks for support insistence in this error :). Thanks anyway to the contributor Law for make helper with the error, that I cannot for my dirty english :(
Now play FzeroX with my son XDDD :inlove:

EDIT:Now, it's more fine. Probe my ROMs and this is the preliminar results :)
of 535 roms tried, 328 roms "fully" playable , some have errors in minor or
glitches in graphics but the sound is good and the rest isn't playable.
All have sound and sound is good, but Pokemon stadium and other not remember, not sound.

Last edited:

masterpe

Since I'm on 2.6 and the testing took place there it's wise for everyone to upgrade this plugin because the 2.6 jump will come soon (relatively speaking). I can't be sure of course but chances are this will work fine on 2.6.

Good work jttl!

oDD

/me odd
Yes I noticed the bug you speak of. Thank you very much JttL for fixing it and for your plugin. :)

Also not a biggy, but why are you using RomOpen? Its not part of zilmar's spec. Im guessing Mupen calls it?

Last edited:
OP
J

JttL

oDD said:
Also not a biggy, but why are you using RomOpen? Its not part of zilmar's spec. Im guessing Mupen calls it?

Really good point. As told in the beginning of the main.c file, I created this plugin by modifying Hactaruxe's original mupen audio plugin. At first I just replaced Hactaruxe's code with my own in the functions, so those functions are still used. Before now I didn't even notice that RomOpen doesn't exist in Zilmar's specs. Thank you for telling me that.

And yes, mupen calls RomOpen and as I haven't tested this plugin with any other emulator (not very much good alternatives for linux though) I haven't noticed, that it's unoffical. There is also few other cases where mupen doesn't comply Zilmar's specs, for example AiUpdate() is never called even it should be called at emulators main loop. Also emulator's slowdown / syncronization is done by audio plugin.

I'll make this plugin to comply Zilmar's specs in next version.