What's new

Sound Questions

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
I have recently encountered the problem that when you use a savestate, the sound doesn't always come back. This happened in several games. Any advice torwards how to get it working again, or to prevent this in the future? I am using protect memory.

Also, was there a new sound plugin besides jabos1.4 that was included with pj64?

Sorry about the pj64 question, but i just wanted to ask this question in one post.

Eddy

I Run This
I think its a core problem, least likely azimers audio problem. I think people had this same problem in pj. And no you cannot use pj audio plugins with 1964, they are incompatible, unless rice or schibo add plugin support for it, and/or use the one from the source code and build from there, which isnt that likely.

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
three things,
Did they release the source code for the sound?
What do you use for save types?
Also, is thier going to be a compatability update on www.smiff.clara.net for pj64?

Again, sorry for posting about pj64 in the 1964 forum.

Eddy

I Run This
1. No, all jabo's projects remained closed source
2.use all types, it should be the default.
3.most probably, ater smiff returns.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
You're partially wrong : The jabo's RSP compiler which is the biggest part of the sound emulation on Project 64 is open source. The sound plug-in in itself is not open source but once the RSP plug-in is made, it is not very difficult to make a sound plug-in with no hle.