What's new

persistent error

qbix

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to play Majora's mask.

I've got the latest nvidia driver extension installed and I tried the TR64gl
0.8.7-pre1 and GLNin.....-rc3

running linux 2.4.22 and mupen 0.30

I always get the following error (after a random period of time (usually more than 3 minutes)

Code:
Signal number 11 caught:
        errno = 0 (Success)
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x3349)!

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Try to use Interpreter core :)
Dinamic recompiler not yet fully implemented and disabled in this version , read the archive README for more :teehee:

OP
Q

qbix

txOjO said:
Try to use Interpreter core :)
Dinamic recompiler not yet fully implemented and disabled in this version , read the archive README for more :teehee:

I'm using that interpreter core.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Posibly the rom is bad or need hack. Display a message with: "warning, try to load hacked rom" or similar?

OP
Q

qbix

txOjO said:
Posibly the rom is bad or need hack. Display a message with: "warning, try to load hacked rom" or similar?

Nope. It seems to be all in order.

It happends at different places at different times.

OP
Q

qbix

qbix said:
Nope. It seems to be all in order.

It happends at different places at different times.

Fixed by using music plugin SDL 1.1.1 and getting the version of the game that runs on 17 fps instead of 20

russofris

qbix said:
Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to play Majora's mask.

I've got the latest nvidia driver extension installed and I tried the TR64gl
0.8.7-pre1 and GLNin.....-rc3

running linux 2.4.22 and mupen 0.30

I always get the following error (after a random period of time (usually more than 3 minutes)

Code:
Signal number 11 caught:
        errno = 0 (Success)
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x3349)!

I have similar errors, and am unable to resolve it as I only have the ROM of the game I own. I am unable to play the complete intro demo as well (craps out 3/4th of the way through). Using Nin rc3, ALSA .4, and SDL input.

I guess that I'll simply have to wait for the core to progress a bit. This has the potential to be a really nice emu.

Thank you for your time,
Frank Russo

OP
Q

qbix

russofris said:
I have similar errors, and am unable to resolve it as I only have the ROM of the game I own. I am unable to play the complete intro demo as well (craps out 3/4th of the way through). Using Nin rc3, ALSA .4, and SDL input.

I guess that I'll simply have to wait for the core to progress a bit. This has the potential to be a really nice emu.

Thank you for your time,
Frank Russo

Can I ask whitch version of Xfree your are using.
I run 4.2.1.1

I ask this because I noticed somebody else who had this problem and our only similatity was the X version.
Futher do you have APM or ACPI (seems to afflect timing aglorithms)

russofris

qbix said:
Can I ask whitch version of Xfree your are using.
I run 4.2.1.1

I ask this because I noticed somebody else who had this problem and our only similatity was the X version.
Futher do you have APM or ACPI (seems to afflect timing aglorithms)

I'm running 4.3 (gentoo linux with ACCEPT ~X86).

Strange, but I have noticed that switching input plugins changes the exact spot where the intro/demo segfaults. The errors happen in the same place consistantly.

I'm going to hit the docs and see if there is a debug output so that I can post a decent bug report.

Thank you for your time,
Frank Russo