What's new

Adjustable Turbo Input Function?

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
Jabo,

I'm sitting here playing Guardian Legend at the moment. (One of the greatest NES games EVER made IMHO.)

I activated the turbo function for the B button my my gamepad since I always used to play this game on my NES (way back in the good 'ol days...) using my NES MAX game pad. (The one with the circular thumb control... I MISS that damn thing!)

It acts a little differently though. The interval between each shot on turbo mode seems much faster than what I'm used to on the gamepad. Now you wouldn't think it would...but it does somehow affect my gameplay ever so slightly. This isn't your fault of course. I'm glad you incorporated the turbo feature.

I have an idea, though. (Which is my reason for this thread.) I have seen emulators out there with the ability to tweak the intervals in which the turbo function actually presses the buttons. I'm not sure what the integers involved are. I was wondering how difficult it would be to add that kind of feature to the JNES. Right now it seems to be set on ULTRA-SUPER-DUPER fast. I'd like to tone it down just a wee bit so that I can keep a continuous stream of my shots flying across the screen rather than having a single, multi-round burst emanate from my gun.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Been up for two days. Hehe...

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I had a similar thought when I was playing double dragon 2 the other day, actually Turbo in 0.5.2 is different from 0.5.1 as a result (I didnt like how it was behaving) .. I dislike cramming all these things into one dialog, but it is an option worth considering so we'll see what happens