What's new

Satourne 1.1p and Shining Force III

ShiningFan

I'm having troubles running Shining Force III on the Satourne emulator. The game loads until the first text screen (which is blue, except for a text box) then just sits there at 18 fps without updating. Can anyone help me out getting this game to run?

OP
S

ShiningFan

I noticed fivefeet8 got a screenshot of shining force 3's title screen which is farther than I make it. How did he/you get that far? i have disabled VDP2 NBG1 and am using cd block plugin 1.0b.

Scenario 1 by the way.

naverta

ShiningFan said:
I noticed fivefeet8 got a screenshot of shining force 3's title screen which is farther than I make it. How did he/you get that far? i have disabled VDP2 NBG1 and am using cd block plugin 1.0b.

Scenario 1 by the way.

I Guess you can not run game movie with Satourne 1.1p
press Start to skip and u'll get to start menu
btw , Satourne 1.1p isnt good enough with SF3 tho , the graphics are
strange.

OP
S

ShiningFan

Cool, damn I can't wait until I can play this game on an emulator. Thanks naverta.

naverta said:
I Guess you can not run game movie with Satourne 1.1p
press Start to skip and u'll get to start menu
btw , Satourne 1.1p isnt good enough with SF3 tho , the graphics are
strange.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Sadly, Shining Force 3 scenario 1 stays black after you start a new game. Scenario 2 and 3 actually starts a new game though.

KaioShin

fivefeet8 said:
Sadly, Shining Force 3 scenario 1 stays black after you start a new game. Scenario 2 and 3 actually starts a new game though.

The new released 1.2version of Satourne actually runs Scenario 1.
Text is a bit dark (you can't have everything :crazy: )
Enjoy.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
KaioShin said:
The new released 1.2version of Satourne actually runs Scenario 1.
Text is a bit dark (you can't have everything :crazy: )
Enjoy.

There isn't a 1.2 version. Just the 1.1p version, which is the newest release. And no, it doesn't run Scenario 1. It does run it until you start a new game, then it's a black screen.

Unless your talking about the older 1.02p version, then that one might run the game.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Shining Force 3 takes advantage of curved quads for much of its terrain, so its graphics should look somewhat... odd... on any hardware-accelerated emu.

Red__XIII

fivefeet8 said:

I would of agreed with you if it I didn't test my games with a Pioneer DVR-A04. For some reason this game will work with my DVR-A04 but not with my 52x Lite-On. The good news is that I made an image with the Lite-On and mounted it on a virtual drive and it worked.