What's new

Who remembers the Zelda cartoon?

ZakkWylde

I remember that it was on once a week in the late eighties. Link was portrayed as a lecherous, happy-go-lucky adventurer who ceaselessy kept trying to woo Zelda into kissing him.
The Zelda cast also appeared on an episode of Captain N: the game master. Link had a more serious character and was drawn in a mature anime style.
If I ever get broadband, I will try to look for these cartoons.

gokuss4

Meh...
yup me right here. Here's my favorite line that Link said "Well, excuse me Princess!" lol i loved that cartoon and i do remember it and i was really young at the time i always loved the zelda series always Legend of Zelda rocks GO LINK!!!!

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
i cant really remember it but when i was really young it used to come on in the morning, it was good. Ganon was a pig and thats all i can really remember and link had black hair and he wanted zelda which was all.

Last edited:

Kakarot

Yeh I remember it

It used to come on at 6:00 AM every morning on "Club Mario" (I think that was the shows name) anyways I barley remember much of it since I was like 4 or 5 when it used to come on. All I really remember is the "excuuuuuuuse me princess!" part. speeking of which check out the attachment. :colgate:
It's about 80k big

OP
ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

I was around 9. Zelda was on Friday afternoons on the "Mario show" that was hosted by Lou Albino(of pro-wrestling infamy). He did Mario's voice in the original cartoon. One season later, Lou was replaced by these dim-witted surfer guys.
Damn, I can't believe I remember all that.

Kakarot

Yeh the one with the dim witted surfer dudes was the one that used to come on in the morning (at least in my area). I have video of the orginal Mario show. Gotta love the begining song. "Do the Mario!...." *Mario music plays in the background*
I have the opening song in mp3 format but Martin probably wouldn't like me uploading two audio files in the same day. So I don't think I will.

magebarf

I've got the cure to it all, even if it's a bit grainy. :D

There's this great site with lots of stuff with zelda... I'm acctually a bit surprised that none of you knew about it...

ZeldaPower

Under the Cartoons section of the Multi-media section you'll find Episode 1-13, with the exception of some, in at least two different qualitys...