What's new

cant run it on linux

Shakademus

Hi there,
ive got a big problem. Ive downloaded the mupen64-0.3.tar.bz2, extracted it and run the mupen64. So far, so good, but i couldnt play any game. Ive tried all the Video-Plugins with this games:
1080, Snowboardkids, Snow Speeder, Supercross 2000 and Hydro Thunder...
All the games with all the Plugins crashed. Only one game (i cant remember which) showed me the n64 logo but froze too after.
I cant imagine whats the problem.
Heres my config:
P4 1.6 GHz, GeForce 2 MX 400, 256 MB RAM, Mandrake 9.1

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Shakademus said:
Hi there,
ive got a big problem. Ive downloaded the mupen64-0.3.tar.bz2, extracted it and run the mupen64. So far, so good, but i couldnt play any game. Ive tried all the Video-Plugins with this games:
1080, Snowboardkids, Snow Speeder, Supercross 2000 and Hydro Thunder...
All the games with all the Plugins crashed. Only one game (i cant remember which) showed me the n64 logo but froze too after.
I cant imagine whats the problem.
Heres my config:
P4 1.6 GHz, GeForce 2 MX 400, 256 MB RAM, Mandrake 9.1

Have the GLX package installed?
Aceleration is more important to run any opengl aplication in linux or SDL opengl.
Snowboard kids and 1080 and snow speeder runs well.The others no idea.try to update your drivers from www.nvidia.com , in most cases the generic drivers don't have 3D aceleration actived.
Good Luck!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Do u have correctly installed the nvidia accelerated video drivers ? (is any other 3d game working ?) You can found them on nvidia.com. If it's not the problem try running "ldd -r " on the main binary and on all the plugins to see if you're not missing any library. At this point, if you haven't found any solution, you can still try to compile yourself mupen64 and all the plugins.

linemu

drivers?

If you don't have 3d drivers installed on linux... 3d games usally run... they just run SSSLllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooWWWWLLLYY. You're saying the games aren't starting at all, so I'm not sure thats the problem. Could be wrong though.

OP
S

Shakademus

Ive installed the newest driver, but theres no change... I think Ill try to compile it by myself...

linemu

dynarec

Shakademus said:
I dont even knoe what dynarec means... ^^

It means "Dynamic Recompiler", its a CPU core setting that exists in the settings menu, but hasn't been completed yet. If you have it on this setting, games won't start.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
another possibility is that you have an application that's locking the sound device. You can also try other sound plugins available on this board.

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Ummm... if you use ALSA emulation oss or similar ....
Have a artsd (aka arts Daemon) load into memory? try ksysguard or ps aux in console an kill the pid..example: pid 14395 /usr/bin/artsd ... then try :
kill 14395 (only in root)., and try the emu again, if the error continue,
posibly other things are.

OP
S

Shakademus

Because of other reasons i got back to Red Hat, installed the NVidia-Driver and Mupen64 worked! I dont know why it didnt do it on Mandrake... Anyway, the Video Quality is near to perfect, but the sound and the Input are not ok. Ill have to look for better Plugins, any tips?

txOjO

MDKEiToR
:( ...mandrake.

Try this :

for audio jttl superb jttl's -1.1.1 SDL audio plugin
Blight input 0.08b is the maximun for controller your joystick pad or wheel(not rumble effects yet...)
and the video GlN64 rc3 is the best of all, some others Trgl 0.8, daedalus etc are good but compatibility is diferent. at your decision

linemu

input

Shakademus said:
I havnt got a joystick, pad or wheel. Whats the best for keyboard and mouse only?

I don't have a Joystick.... but blight's input is excellent for keyboard! I've never had any problems with it.