What's new

voodoo3, xp and 1964 (gl plugin)

mulligan_

:angry: the current drivers im using on xp... (xpentor) seem to have the freakin° ugliest bug... it brings the blank screen of death on xp... and then just resets... not only on xpentor.. but any other driver... if you close the emu.. (plugin d3d its slow as hell)

happens on almost everything Gl... i have to use wickedGL for almost everything... any driver or patch..

custom made by myself

p4 1.3GZ
256MB RAM
Voodoo3
seagate cheeta 20GB

Infested Maggot

right now I am in the same situation. and there's quite a few 3dfx users out there still. alot of us 3dfx fans are also quite bitter about nvidia buying 3dfx before that lawsuit 3dfx had against nvidia was settled. basically i've tried every set of graphic plugins with conkers bad fur day only to get crash after crash. i've had it somewhat work with jabo's d3d7 plugin. any other plugin has caused crashes before anything even shows up.

my system at the moment is a 466 celeron, 380mb ram, voodoo 3 2000 pci (latest x3dfx drivers available at their site, the v4/5 ones), windows 98se. that's the relevant information that i know of. windows and it's compenents are all fully updated.

also i've heard this is a good emulator, but honestly i havn't found a quality emulator that lets us 3dfx users play anything more than the few roms supported by ultrahle. while browsing an emulation page i got info stating that one of the testing machines for 1964 was a machine with a v3 card.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, yes, I am using voodoo3 with my PIII-600. Graphics on v3 is not so good as Geforce but it is still very good if you using Jabo' D3D plugin. Graphics issues on v3 is quite different from the issues on nvidia card.

I don't agree with you that only a few UHLE games can play on v3, in fact, I can play almost all the supported games on my pc, including there high demanding games like Conker, Mario Tennis, Perfect Dark.

Zelda games are slower because v3 is not faster enough with Direct3D.

And you need to play around with the video plugin settings. Believe, you will be able to play many many games with your current pc in quite good graphics.

btw, All shots on on 1964 screenshot pages 9 are from my voodoo3 card. They were from old 1964.EXE, current 1964.exe is much faster.

You may also need to try Jabo D3D 1.2, 1.1 and 1.3, some games work better on the old version.

Infested Maggot

d3d screwed

i've tried d3d on win9x with no luck. i had to do a re-install so i borrowed my friends copy of the xp upgrade. i'm using the very latest available x3dfx drivers released for xp. i know voodoo cards are not supported by microsoft or nvidia. i've ran all the tests there is available in the direct x diagnostic tool. all functions are working absolutly perfectly.

on to the problem. when trying to initalize jabo's d3d plugins it says it cannot get HAL to work. should i talk to the people in the x3dfx forums, even though dx8 works absolutly fine within games like hl or tribes2. any help would be greatly appreciated.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ur gfx plugin isnt that bad. i used it by accident and some games like banjo kazooie worked fine. perfect from the looks of it. u guys should keep working on it.

milen

yes, use Glide 0.253 it's specialy made for voodoos . It's fast, support many games and has good quality