What's new

Best Game of 2000-2002

adi

get out of my house
I thought Max Payne was dissapointing, it got quite boring half way through and didn't quite make 'classic' status. It was superficially impressive,although for depth and story, I'd go with Deus Ex anyday.

My fave game was probably Black and White. I hated it halfway through, but it just kept pulling me back. I also became genuinely attached to my monkey (please, no one make any bad taste jokes about that last statement

;) ) Aliens vs Predator 2 was amazing as well, scariest game ever most probably.

Biggest dissapointment was definitely Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It was visually impressive, but Id really need to make better games with more depth and not leave the story as an afterthought.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I liked Max Payne a lot, it had this something that kept me coming back. I donno, Max himself is one cool character.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Not one game has wowed me and kept me interested as much as GTA3 has in a looong time..:D

Josep

eyerun4phun
MAX PAYNE??!?! GAME OF THE YEAR?! my god NO!!!!! ok, you guys got to seperate awards here, most inovative engine: Max Payne, overall: HELL NO!!!! Can't quite think of the bombest game out right now or that ever came out for 2000-2002, but if you guys are going to start a thread like this, then at least split the topics and such jeez, Max payne had a terribly see-through plot with a story-line that ended faster with a one eye-hooker at a motel six! (hehe, ok that was crappy but hey, im' just trying to get my point across)

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Where have u been hiding the last two years if you don't know what mgs2 stands for? Well it stands for Metal Gear Solid 2.

Anyway, I have to agree with the majority here. Max Payne is the best game I've played in the last year. Sure the story was shallow and cliched, but everything else fell together perfectly. The graphics were fantastic, as was the sound. The gameplay was groundbreaking and fun. There were scenes that were genuinely disturbing (such as the opening of the game, and Max's drug-enduced nightmares). Although the story was pretty crap, it was told so well that you hardly noticed how pathetic it was. The graphic novel was just spot on. In fact the story was the primary reason I couldn't stop playing.

Josep

eyerun4phun
dude, Max payne ended in like 5 secs, it was almost the biggest upset i could ever imagine in a game, bomb graphics, bomb sound, terrible quick 5 second story line that ends in like 5 seconds, maybe replayed a few missions once or twice over, then uninstall:)