What's new

SDL Sound 1.0.1.3

JttL

I have just finished latest version of SDL sound plugin. I decided to change the way I create version numbers, so there is no more betas. This also means that there is no final 1.0 version and will never be or any other versions between 1.0 beta 2 and 1.0.1.3.

And what's new:
+Added README -file
+New versioning. No more betas.
+More cleaning up done.
+Buffer underrun and overflow messages appear now at stderr (if DEBUG is defined)
+Many things are now precalculated (this should bring a small performance boost)
+Buffer underrun bug fixed.
+Segmentation fault when closing rom fixed (at least I think so)
+And much more things which I don't remember right now.

PS. There's a typo in README file, it still speaks about 1.0 beta 3 but don't get confused with that. It should be 1.0.1.3.

The 1.0.1.3 version is avaible at:
http://www.porofarmi.net/jttl_sound-1.0.1.3.tar.gz

If you got problems with buffer underruns try to adjust values defined at top of the main.c. Bug reports and all feedback should be posted at this thread or directly for me with e-mail.

oDD

/me odd
Thanks JttL, this will be put to good use in our xbox port of 1964 and Project64.

Update: All linked in and working! Sounds fabulous. 1000x times better than the basic audio plugin. Thanks again JttL.

Last edited:

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Better.....?

Yes, fantastic plugin ,but......
My volume (or my sound card?) is more high than a other releases.
What is the problem ? only I heard this "higher volume" with this plugin?
Anyone heard excesive volume when try this plugin in nemu64 linux? or mandrake ? or SBlive?

jttl the sound is much better and notably the sources "washed" too :) , but my problem is here again.
Maybe in the next release.... :)

OP
J

JttL

txOjO said:
Yes, fantastic plugin ,but......
My volume (or my sound card?) is more high than a other releases.
What is the problem ? only I heard this "higher volume" with this plugin?
Anyone heard excesive volume when try this plugin in nemu64 linux? or mandrake ? or SBlive?
I have been trying to find out what could cause that on your computer, but to be hones I don't got an idea at the moment. As far as I'm not able to reproduce that problem I think I don't got a change to fix it. And I was experimenting possibility to add equalizer or something but it is too CPU intensive.
txOjO said:
jttl the sound is much better and notably the sources "washed" too :) , but my problem is here again.
Maybe in the next release.... :)
I'll do my best but it would be great help if you could get to IRC or something.