What's new

Multiple language support?

How do you think about the multiple language supporting in 1964?

• Ya, it is a must have

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • it is great to have it

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • It is fine, I don't use it very much anyway

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Absolutely not necessary, not worth the time and effort

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Psicomantis

Multiple language support is always a good idea, specially when some users aren't very good understanding English.

Remote

If there's time and interest multi language support for GUI, pronounced as you like:p and configuration boxes and dialogs, don't know how much extra work it will take but gives it a much better look if everything translates when you switch language...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For me...I don't care. I never use my own language in emulators...I prefer english more. IT doesn't really bother me at all since I'm so good at it...but for the sake of others, I say go for it.

pandamoan

Banned
seriously, who cares? i can run programs in other languages just fine (for the most part). the emu is setup in such an easy to use fashion already, why mess with it? i just want higher compat and frame rates... :D

Le_directeur

It's a good idea :) If the_siskoo translate 1964, i can me prepar to correct the french translation ;)

to the_siskoo> Je rigole hein ;)

The Siskoo

Le_directeur said:
It's a good idea :) If the_siskoo translate 1964, i can me prepar to correct the french translation ;)

to the_siskoo> Je rigole hein ;)

Le_Directeur, I like your joke anyway after this speech, you wanna discredit me, you're really meany :p

jacker

El Traductor
I think adding multiple language support to your emulator won't do any harm. Even if someone says he doesn't need it. You see, people who DO need it can't say it here...

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Well a language feature is always nice. But not really nessercairy (only if the emu was released in some other language then english :) )

Remote

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
Well a language feature is always nice. But not really nessercairy (only if the emu was released in some other language then english :) )

Only if you assume that everybody speaks / reads / writes english at a level as well as most of us does...

Clements

I can read French, but I'd struggle using a French emulator because you don't learn phases such as 'counter factor' at school :happy:

The terminology in not everyday language, so a person with English as a second or third language are unlikely to know what these options are, so a translation will make it much simpler for them. It wouldn't be sensible to include every language on the planet either, though!