What's new

Joystick Calibration

kpansky

I just recently purchased on of the Lik-Sang N64->USB adaptors for use with mupen. Everything works great, except for the calibration on the analog stick. I was wondering 1) If anyone knows a way to calibrate the linux joystick transparent to applications or 2) if blight has any intentions to include calibration through libjsw or some other manner in his plugin.

Thanks.

blight

errrr hmmmm....... what do you want to calibrate? ranges or just the 0/0 position? have you tried pressing left+right+start on your gamepad (first hold down left&right, then press start) - that was the way to calibrate controllers on n64 - or am i getting something wrong?

OP
K

kpansky

blight said:
errrr hmmmm....... what do you want to calibrate? ranges or just the 0/0 position? have you tried pressing left+right+start on your gamepad (first hold down left&right, then press start) - that was the way to calibrate controllers on n64 - or am i getting something wrong?

The 0,0 position is alright, but the scaling is terrible. The most I can get is a slow walk out of Mario, and Zelda pretty much tiptoes around the world :).

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
blight: can't you add a sensibility factor ? it should be very easy to implement i guess ;)