What's new

KazZa...

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I never knew this program was so evil... until my "Explorer.exe" was erroring out and giving me a Visual C++ RunTime Library error when I didn't even touch the keyboard. I then found the program error out and it was spelled "ExPlorer.exe". By first-chance I thought it was a trojan. Some fag put a trojan on my computer. It would make sense for the blue screens too. Well. I checked it out and well... I found something at C:\WINNT\Explorer
\ExPlorer.exe. There was something here! I then attempted to delete the file and my machine errored out and rebooted after changing to pretty ascii text-like colors. I went into safe mode and renamed the file to fuckoff.exe. I then rebooted and I viewed it in a text editor. I found a reference to dlder.exe and registry keys and what not. I then did a search for dlder.exe and my computer once again messed up. Hmm... I was like wtf at this time. I rebooted into command prompt mode once again. I then searched (dir /s /a dlder*.*) and I found the file at C:\WINNT\dlder.exe. I moved this file to the Explorer folder and renamed it to fuckyou.exe. After this occurred I was sure I fixed my problem. I deleted the registry keys I found in the .exe and I then was curious what it was all about. I searched the internet and come across a post on a messageboard.
Hi Adam

KazaA is well known "spyware"

http://www.kolby.f2s.com/

Run Ad-aware - if you don't have it - go here:

http://www.lavasoft.de/downloads.html

and download: Ad-aware 5.62 Final 834 kb
Ad-aware signature file (ref # 142-24-11-2001) 11.7kb
RefUpdate 1.2 for Ad-aware 396 kb

Hope this helps.
I downloaded and learned everything I could. I ran the programs and cleaned up a lot of different problematic stuff off my machine. A word of the wise here. Remove KazZa and other Spyware before you do this stuff. Otherwise it may leave stuff behind. I hope someone finds this helpful. I thank 64bit for introducing me to KazZa. Thanks for making me lose work due to a stupid companies greed for advertisers. :p

gokuss4

Meh...
LAMO!!! Azimer use Morpheus its better but it may be a little same but it doesn't have spyware so its better

blizz

more and more programs are include trojans, and virus companies are being paid off by big companies not to find them.

this is probably one of the more obvious ones.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i swear, all ur virus scanners give u viruses. ive neva had a virus, and ive neva had a virus scanner. the best is www.edonkey2000.com i got ... there . (i blanked it out before the mods did, hehe). nah it aint good for mp3s, buts its good for....er....use morpheus for mp3s, and edonkey for......well u can work it out.

ZakkWylde

Hmm. . .I've been using Morpheus since October and lately I've been getting BSODs that are caused by random key-presses (press Shift and POOF). My period of free virus updates has just ended too.

Eikef7

I agree with sk8bloke. Edonkey is awesome.What makes it great is the ability to download from multiple sources, and that you can download from someone as they download it. This makes it great for large files.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh.....sometimes morpheus actually gets off multiple sources to. but it doesnt revolve around doing so. edonkey does. so to begin with, u get really fast downloads. only annoying aspewct is that u cant stop ppl d/l off u. which gets a bit annoying on a 56k. although saying that i always get like 500mb files off edonkey. and only one out of about 15 didnt work.