What's new

Goodgba

s|rens

till the end of time
Just wondering if this is going to be updated one day, for all the new games... i just want to check if "they" are verified.

Just trying to be careful with words. :whistling

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
GoodGBA is a really BAD program because the roms are still being released,

GBArms 2.0 is supposed to be very good

OP
s|rens

s|rens

till the end of time
Man i love the service around here! It's pretty quick.

Yeah goodgba doesn't seem to recognise too many roms.

I'll go and check out gbarms now. Thanks hexidecimal

OP
s|rens

s|rens

till the end of time
I tried GBArms out. I suppose it's ok. So it just renames the rom?

It doesn't show if its a verified dump or been hacked, modified, etc, or does it?

flow``

flow``
Hexidecimal said:
GoodGBA is a really BAD program because the roms are still being released,

GBArms 2.0 is supposed to be very good

No, it's a really good program. just oudated obviously. think before you say something that dumb again please

Anyway..
cowering (the goodtools author) has an order at which he updates his databases and releases them.. as it stands now.. :

[23:41] <Cowering> Current Versions (Newest First): MSX2 9993, MSX1 9993, PSID 9994, GB64 100, PCE 1.09a, MTX 1.02, VECT 1.06, 7800 1.00, SNES 9996, 5200 1.00, CoCo 9995, 2600 1.00, INTV 1.02, MO5 1.00, GG 9996, SMS 9995, SAMC 9995, SPC 9991, SV 9992, Col 1.00, GBA 9997, CPC 9995, N64 9999a, WSx 9996, GBx 1.02, NGPx 1.00, Lynx 9994, Oric 1.01, Jag 9994, Gen 9997, VBoy 1.02, NES 1.01

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Actually, compared to other programs, like GBArms 2.0, IT IS REALLY BAD, sure it renames the games for you, which is fine, but when you can get things like ROM Doctor, which renames the games (using the cowering databases no less) it also sorts, and checks CRCs, so, before you go calling me an idiot, DO SOME REAL RESEARCH.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I will defintaly agree that is the best release list, but due to lack of constant updates, i still think there are better tools out there then goodgba

blizz

the good tools are effectively standard, so it's not updated everytime there's a release, it doesn't mean it's the most effective.

I can't standard the interface mind you, but that's just me.

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
You know... I've read most of the threads here at EmuTalk...and I have seen many of Flow's posts. I apologize to everyone in advance if this offends you or seems to be getting off topic...but I assure you that it won't take long. I can't stand to 'keep my mouth shut' any longer.

Flow... This'un is fer J00...

::BEGIN :ranting: ::
We're all here to help one another. This is a community and in a community people share ideas, experiences and a wealth of information for the betterment of all involved. So far, judging by the attitude that you have displayed in multiple threads here, I would have to say that I am surprised that you have lasted long enough to make so many posts. You seem to have a real shitty sense of community.

Instead of trying to stomp down everyone else for having their own opinions...why don't you just realize that these opinions are formed and based upon many variables such as personal experiences and differentiations in hardware/software, different (prefered) configurations, etc..

Here's an example of something you said:
i'm not pretending to be super-jock or anything, i just dont care to people *cough* alphawolf :p *cough* to try to ram things down people when they're content with what they have. (for me, ie6sp1)....

So you're also a hypocrit, eh? *nods* It figures. They always are... *sighs in disgust*

See if you can follow me through THIS one why don't ya....

The fact of the matter is that while SOME facts ARE indeed facts; SOME opinions are facts...while OTHER facts are nothing more than OPINIONS. What YOU may consider fact...may IN FACT...NOT be fact...and is simply nothing more than your own opinion of what is 'fact'.

The same goes for everyone. *repeats for emphasis* EVERYONE. If you can't properly display your opinion in a more civil manner then perhaps there is a place for you elsewhere where they would welcome your seemingly unpleasant disposition. But if you choose to ignore me and just stay here or try to revert to the lameness of retaliating against me (which will promptly be ignored...) then I as well as (I'm sure...) many others...would insist that you PLEASE refrain from being a DICK and to try to have a decent discussion. Your crap-tastic attitude gets us NOWHERE. The objective is to move FORWARD...isn't it? (With so many people like YOU around shootin' your mouth off...I sometimes become confused and can't remember...)
::END :ranting: ::

At any rate... Keep the tools coming, people. This is all good info. Especially since most of the emu/roms community is uninformed of the importance of uniformity in the ROMS. They figure that just because they see the title screen that the ROM must be 'ok'. I myself went through several different versions of various ROMS before I could find the proper ones. *nods*

flow``

flow``
wow.. too much free time on your hands.

short and sweet... dont like my opinions, dont read them?
excuse my frank responses but when Hexadecimal assaults GoodGBA by Cowering.. theres going to be a problem there since he helps out all the scenes in a large way.

Hexadecimal knew nothing of what he was talking about obviously (refer above) and i corrected him.

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
1.) *nods* You're right. You tend to have a lot of free time on your hands when you're between jobs. (Hoping to have one soon. But the market for a good technician is not promising of late...) My post didn't take me much time. I type approximately 100 WPM. No biggy. It's just a tech-nerd thing. But thanks for your concern. :)

2.) Don't like your opinions? No. It's not your opinion. It's the way you stated it. For the situation it was unnecessarily harsh. You can both be right and you can both be wrong...but I find his commentary and defense to be far more intelligent than your own. Hex was able to tell you that he disagreed with you all the while maintaining a more appropriate composure. (i.e. Without making an ass out of himself.) Besides... If YOU don't like HEX's opinions...then why do you read them? Why do you assail his knowledge simply because you don't like what he has to say? Again I point out a measure of hypocrisy on your part. Stop it. BAD Flow! :happy:

3.) Why do you find that Hex 'assaulted' GoodGBA? It's not as if he wielded a knife against it. It's not as if he tried to rape it. If anyone 'assaulted' anything or anyone it would more likely be you besetting upon Hex. And why? For having his own opinion? It is not for you to judge what Hex knows or doesn't know based on nothing more than your own opinions. I've read Hex's posts all over the board as well...and thus far I still find his approach and knowledge base to be far more expansive than I perceive your own to be. (Of course you could probably be more intelligent than you seem... But the way one acts is more often than not the way we perceive them. The bad :devil: almost always over-shadows the good. :saint: ) Again. His opinion of the program is just THAT. His opinion. I'm sure that there are many more people out there who may have the same opinion. (There's that word again...) You have no right to say that he doesn't know what he's talking about simply because he has an opinion (there it is again...) that conflicts with your own.

At any rate... I'm not going to further this discussion. You seem to have ignored all that I said anyway. (Or perhaps you just didn't understand it? I'll explain it to you privately if you have any questions...) I'm not going to spend my time banging my head against the wall. But please try to be more RESPECTFUL in your approach? :p

Now... For the sake of relevancy; I have a question. What exactly IS GoodGBA? And who/what is "Cowering"? Just curious. Any explanations or (dare I say it...) opinions of it would be welcome. :)

I'm off to get me a bowl of cereal. (Mmm... :drool: Cinnamon Toast Crunch :drool: ) Seeing as how I have so much time on my hands I may as well spend some of it putting food in my stomach. Hehehe...

flow``

flow``
CyrylTheWolf said:
Now... For the sake of relevancy; I have a question. What exactly IS GoodGBA? And who/what is "Cowering"? Just curious. Any explanations or (dare I say it...) opinions of it would be welcome. :)

that says a lot. but at any rate... to reply to the rest of your post

Hexadecimal's post.. from the one's ive read are from a bragging newbie showing off his 'valuable possessions' or the latest released games for the gba console. the same type of behaviour i'd expect from some pre-teen's showing off their christmas presents, trying to get attention and make the other kids jealous.

if people want to find out the latest releases there are plenty of sites available for that info. secondly his useless spam just ups his post count for the presige of it i suppose.

call my post 'tough love' if you like.

a good technician using.. *counts* 8 smilies? that's weird. stop it ;)