What's new

"BOOM" PSX/N64 USB Converter. Problems

snowverkill

Sorry to start a new thread, but I now realize that my problem is with the adapter itself and not PJ64. Nevertheless, I thought someone out there might have bought this same adapter and had problems with it. I can't calibrate it ( all the inputs go off constantly whenever it's plugged in) and XP won't let me install the drivers that came on the floppy. Is there any way to get this adapter to work or should I just try to return it and get something else? Thanks alot.

platinum

snowverkill said:
Sorry to start a new thread, but I now realize that my problem is with the adapter itself and not PJ64. Nevertheless, I thought someone out there might have bought this same adapter and had problems with it. I can't calibrate it ( all the inputs go off constantly whenever it's plugged in) and XP won't let me install the drivers that came on the floppy. Is there any way to get this adapter to work or should I just try to return it and get something else? Thanks alot.

its the controller apparently. i have the same problem with mine, only some controllers work with it. my original(one that came with the n64 when i bought it) and one from interact both dont work. ps2 controller works awesome though.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It must be your controls. Windows xp installs the adapter itself so it's not the drivers. Try using a different controller.

flow``

flow``
try updating directx.. it should at least be able to use ms's generic joystick drivers

i wouldnt worry about boom's drivers since htey are fairly outdated and i could see them only causing problems.. but install if you have to i guess :/

OP
S

snowverkill

Has anyone else had the problem with this adapter that the calibration thing for the joystick vibrates and random buttons go off? Were you able to fix it? I can't see how anything could be wrong with the controller. Also, under device manager, it says that the controller is a 16 button joystick. shouldn't it say gamepad? i think it's a driver problem. thx for your responses.

OP
S

snowverkill

thx allnatural. i guess i'll just return it and buy an adaptoid. i just wish i knew this thing was a piece of crap before i wasted my time and money. is there anywhere on the web where one can purchas an adaptoid for less than $30?

revl8er

That Damn Good
I don't think they are pieces of crap because I have 2 of them and they work perfectly especially for the price.