What's new

WTF is up with my sound?

Kakarot

Can anyone help me out? the sound on my comp just stopped working for no apparent reason. I've checked all the connections and drivers but all of those are fine. One interesting thing is that the sound icon on the taskbar at the bottom-right corner of my desktop no longer shows upon start-up. I'm sure one of you guys can help me more than the losuy tech support I have. And for free! Thanks in advance!

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
right click my computer -> propertice -> device manager tab

do you see an error under multimedia devices? If yes then u have to reinstall the drivers

If no click the sound card, then remove. Next boot windows will detect the card and will install the drivers for it, you may need the drivers and your windwos disks to finish the driver install tho.

good luck, and if this doesn't work i'll see what else i can come up with :D

OP
Kakarot

Kakarot

Didn't work...

I tried it but it didn't work. This computer is starting to really piss me off! Over the time I've had it I've had to replace the monitor, cdrw drive, and the mouse which all broke mysteriously. Any more ideas Malcom (or anybody)? I'm desperate to get the sound up and working again.

Slougi

Try getting a new computer :alien:
But seriously have u checked that the sound card hasn't slipped out of the pci slot? ???
are ur speakers plugged in? :p