What's new

how to make your own games...

Cyberman

Well yes sort of .. what Doom said but to be more specific you need to
  1. Learn about the platform you are programing for A LOT to learn here.
  2. Find compilors and tools to create images that the game system can use.

That's for starters.

If you wish to do GBA developement go to GBA DEV and or NGINE for hamlib for information and tools.

On the hamlib site there is some information on developing for the Game Cube and the Dream Cast. have fun !

Cyb

OP
G

gameskid4000

all I want to do is find a Program to desifer the .nes, .SRM, and .SMD (the last files are sega roms) because before my High school year gets out, I want to at least make a Beta version of a game I want to make...

Cyberman

gameskid4000 said:
all I want to do is find a Program to desifer the .nes, .SRM, and .SMD (the last files are sega roms) because before my High school year gets out, I want to at least make a Beta version of a game I want to make...
Ok.. I don't want to make any bizare remarks no matter how tempting.

Simply put reverse engineering a SRM or SMD image of a ROM is a good way to take a trip into insanity. First of all they are often bankswitched secondly there is a lot of 'diddling' with data that needs to go on. It's a lot of work.. it's not the way to go. Just sit down lay your plans out and then work from your plans for your game, dupe it by examining the game levels while playing them don't waste your time extracting stuff and figuring out the logic. That takes longer than doing it yourself, and the latter will make you learn more.

Cyb