What's new

what about FFX? Will it be multi-platform?

Eagle

aka Alshain
No, PS2 only for FFX, FFIX is on PC and PS2, none of the Final Fantasy games will be on XBox, its only a rumor that FFXI will be, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

blizz

remember there was all of those rumours about Square going back to Nintendo, and then Sony bought a stake in Square.

Cyberman

remember there was all of those rumours about Square going back to Nintendo, and then Sony bought a stake in Square.

Hehehe I have a PS2 now.. but I digress. Think of Sony as Microsoft, same kind of company only Japanese and more inovative.

Cyb

OP
S

strifeseven

oh well. I read on a different message board about the rumors of FFX being on different platforms like Xbox and PC. I personally think it's possible, but also I'm not sure, because Sony and Squaresoft are both japanese companies, and the FF series has a bigger market in japan. Plus, didn't Sony and Square join or something like that?

Eagle

aka Alshain
I probably shouldn't say this, but I almost wish Microsoft would buy 40% of square.

Eagle

aka Alshain
NO!!! I want it on PC! NOT GC, NOT PS2, NOT DC, NOT XBOX, PC!!! Replace Microsoft with Blizzard Entertainment!!!!!!!

blizz

a PC? LOL, the FF games are console games, that's the whole point, besides my PC is for work not gaming ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: yeah

Squall Leonhart said:
I agree with blizz, the ff series ARE console-games after all...:D
No way! They are for PC!
Hoping that every FF game comes to pc.
And I really don't care which company which will own Square. Even if it's Blizzard, Microsoft, Nintendo... well, you get my point.

blizz

Re: Re: yeah

Doomulation said:

No way! They are for PC!
Hoping that every FF game comes to pc.
And I really don't care which company which will own Square. Even if it's Blizzard, Microsoft, Nintendo... well, you get my point.

PC gaming bah! It's too much of a pain to develop for, since you have to project the hardware specifications of common PC's when you intend to release. and it doesnt' really deliver since it always needs to be patched to to the multitude of configurations of PC's out there

apart from Monkey Island, but that's different ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Re: Re: yeah

blizz said:

PC gaming bah! It's too much of a pain to develop for, since you have to project the hardware specifications of common PC's when you intend to release. and it doesnt' really deliver since it always needs to be patched to to the multitude of configurations of PC's out there

apart from Monkey Island, but that's different ;)
PC RULEZ! It can do much more than just play games! Which other consoles can't! Since I have a PC, I don't want to go buy a stupid and expensive PS2!

BTW, they're doing a great job, developing it for PC, and the right choice as well! ;)

Cyberman

Ok .. moderator moderate thyself ;)

Anyhow.. anyone know where to get FF8 or FF7 for the PC?

On a side note FF XI is in beta testing :)

Cyb