What's new

1964 under linux OS please...

C

catewauler

Catewauler online:

This question is for schibo, will be a 1964 emu for linux users someday?...

BTW, great job man, your emu is the best...

thanks in advance.

Linux rules...

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Have you tried WINE? I know it's not native, but I found WINE with TR64 OpenGL or glN64 for graphics works fairly well.

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
mightyrocket said:
Rice's Daedalus with OGL will work fine too.

mightyrocket:

are you a beta tester? does the new 1964 work perfectly in wine?

this may be the final ammo i need to switch to linux without looking back.......

scary stuff!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Port it yourself, 1964 is Open-Source if you're that desperate for a port thats your option.

pandamoan said:
mightyrocket:

are you a beta tester? does the new 1964 work perfectly in wine?

this may be the final ammo i need to switch to linux without looking back.......

scary stuff!
1) Yep
2) Haven't tried it but AFAIK 0.8.5 + Daedalus was running excellent in WINE.

pandamoan

Banned
mightyrocket said:
1) Yep
2) Haven't tried it but AFAIK 0.8.5 + Daedalus was running excellent in WINE.

very cool. let's see if .9.9 works too! then maybe i'll grow some balls and switch to linux.

honestly, i'm a little n00b for switching to linux, which means i am VASTLY to n00b to port anything... LOL

later!

Remote

Don't really see the fuzz about swithing to linux, a lot of trouble is what you usually end up with unless you know what you are doing. So atm no good reason for walking down a non MS road...

Perhaps blight could take on the project, he certinately has the skills but the time and interest could be more troublesome and with mupen getting better and better with every release it will probaly reach a point where it equls 1964... Although two good n64 linux emus has a nice ring to it... :D

pandamoan

Banned
Remote said:
Don't really see the fuzz about swithing to linux, a lot of trouble is what you usually end up with unless you know what you are doing. So atm no good reason for walking down a non MS road...

Perhaps blight could take on the project, he certinately has the skills but the time and interest could be more troublesome and with mupen getting better and better with every release it will probaly reach a point where it equls 1964... Although two good n64 linux emus has a nice ring to it... :D

i agree with you 100%. the writing is on the wall though with me and linux, as longhorn is going to have drm...

...i'll have NONE of that, thank you very much.

OP
C

catewauler

not a good idea...

Catewauler online:

i have noticed that some of you don´t use linux, well the thing goes like this:

* Wine is a windows emulator, and as an emulator it´s difficult for this and other programs to make it work at 100 %.

* Linux improves speed, graphics and some other things that wi---, well you know doesn´t...

And finally a 1964 emu on linux could be a great, great improve.

Thank you for all the post.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I can understand your feelings, and sentiments apparently, re: windows vs linux. However, there is one reason why this suggestion is not going to happen. If you want .99, you need to let the author focus on the main emu, not going off on a side track that may take months to even begin showing any fruit. Does this make sense to everyone, am I preaching to the choir, or am I preaching to the walls?

OP
C

catewauler

Ok, Ok...

Catewauler online:

Ok i understand there is no way to asking for something that will never happen, maybe it´s time to leave everything behind and keep going...

Thank you anyway.

And thank for the post... will see in other post.

killthegene

One Kool dude
Remote said:

not true

what about security (msblast etc), price, customization

all of these things in my experience linux does batter

ps. the common myth that linux is hard to install is a lie. tis jsust as easy to install as windows if not easier

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I'm not saying it'll never happen. I am saying that it's not going to happen right now, or any time before 1.0 1964 is released, unless a miracle happens.