What's new

glN64-0.4.1-rc3 source

Shin_Gouki

this is working GOOD!!
but only with th nvidia accelearted drivers, have anyone tested so far with ATI under linux?
(altough MArio has diffrent colors in his eyes ^^)
wbr Shin Gouki

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Almost perfect graphics on my board Radeon :)
Only 2 or 3 games are flickering vertically ...mmm i remember Grand Prix racing simulation 2 ,similar problem graphics with old rc1/rc2.
The best out blight! :_)
Sorry! I use a firegl XGL 4.3.x drivers not ATI'S official.
can give me more than 200 fps on Unreal Tournament at 1600x1200 :))

Last edited:

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Hi again!
I tried various Rom's Euro, Jap, Austria,USA,France,German etc and this is the result...
146 Roms not playable of 416 Tried!!!!
WowWWW!!
260 ROMS playable with Mupen64 0.3 Compiled on pentium 4,
Audio:Alsa plugin 0.2beta
Video:GlN64rc3 from sources compiled for ATi and Pentium4
Input:Last blight input plugin :) the best!!!!
RSP:Hacktarux RSP
I use 1280x1024x32 bits + force bilinear filtering+ 2xsai+enable fog emulation in GlN64 and almost 40/60 fps always but a problem of memory
need to resolve hacktarux...Mupen64 need 240 mb ram for some big games load, indiferent playable or not.
I always use 260 of my 512 for some reasons.
And when try to load mupen64 Ksensors give me 466mb or more and the rest free. The requirements is more high , consecuence of overload or slowly mouse and screen (this in the linux KDE 3.1).
See you later :n64:

masterpe

New ucode for Mkart 64

I have come across a new ucode running Mkart 64 on my pc:

- Microcode CRC: 0xF89248E1
- Microcode Data CRC: 0x00000000
- Microcode Text: RSP Gfx ucode F3DLX 0.95 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo.

I've started this game using F3DEX and it works fine then.

Blight, can you get this to Orkin?

tia!

OP
blight

blight

masterpe: this has been told to orkin hundreds of times - it's just a little bug which any windows glN64 user already knows about, and you now do too ;)

Flea

Blight, just add
Code:
{ F3DEX,	FALSE,	0x0ace4c3f, "Mario Kart" }
to the Special Microcode array in GBI.cpp for your next release.

OP
blight

blight

Don't make me look so bad, Flea :p
Edit: my english is too bad to express better what i mean - maybe you still understand ;)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
blight said:
Don't make me look so bad, Flea :p
Edit: my english is too bad to express better what i mean - maybe you still understand ;)

I think the code flea posted was a workaround for the issue that he suggested you add in the next release. ;)

LightStruk

can't compile

I get this error when compiling:
Code:
g++ -I. -D__LINUX__ -DX86_ASM `sdl-config --cflags` `gtk-config --cflags gtk gthread` `glib-config --cflags` -fPIC -finline-functions -funroll-loops -ffast-math -mcpu=`uname -m` -O2   -c -o Combiner.o Combiner.cpp
In file included from OpenGL.h:12,
                 from Combiner.cpp:6:
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:1731: error: declaration of C function `void
   glMultiDrawArrays(unsigned int, const GLint*, const GLsizei*, int)'
   conflicts with
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/glext.h:2618: error: previous declaration `void
   glMultiDrawArrays(unsigned int, GLint*, GLsizei*, int)' here
make: *** [Combiner.o] Error 1
My gcc is
Code:
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 20031022 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r3, propolice)
Any suggestions?

OP
blight

blight

I guess you have a nvidia card? Which version of the drivers do you have? (cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version)

Unfortunately I have never found any good docs which explain how to use GL extensions on linux because it seems to be a bit different than on windows...

Soggie

OpenGL 1.2 probs

fyi, this is what glN64-0.4.1-rc3 looks like when used with an Matrox MGA G400 (OpenGL 1.2).

[glN64]: (II) Initializing SDL video subsystem...
[glN64]: (II) Getting video info...
[glN64]: (II) Setting video mode 640x480...
[glN64]: (II) Renderer: Mesa DRI G400 20020221 AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE
[glN64]: (II) OpenGL version: 1.2 Mesa 4.0.4
[glN64]: (II) Vendor: VA Linux Systems Inc.
[glN64]: (II) Extensions: GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap

I guess the fact that GL_EXT_paletted_texture is missing is causing these psychedelic colours ?

Update: problem solved by selecting 32-bit only textures in glN64's video settings dialog.

Last edited:
OP
blight

blight

:w00t: nice shot of mario :p looks like he has smoked too much and fell asleep :D
so with 32bit texture everything is ok? thanks for the information :)

Last edited:

Soggie

G400 w/ 32bit textures

The attached screenshot is Mario64 with 32-bit only textures, some overflow from the welcome animation remains visible during gameplay.

Text popus in mario64 are white, with black outlines on a white background.

Some more test results:

1080degrees : Playable, Snow trail visible as grey rectangles, snowflakes are squares, helicopter in intro obscured by white square.

Diddy kong racing: Playable, some characters are completely black, rest of visuals is OK.

Tarzan: Playable, dust puffs (when character touches ground) visible as white squares, grey polygon instead of main character shadow.

Doom64 : Not playable, way too dark - gamma correction needed ?

Earthworm Jim 3D: Playable, text in intro, gameplay and menus not visible, just yellow (animated) polygons.

F1 Pole Position: Playable, text in game setup and gameplay has bright green background, text in car selection are just cyan-to-blue gradient rectangles.

F-Zero X (Europe): Not playable; performance drops to 6-7fps in actual gameplay.

Goldeneye: text in intro are just white squares, text in games setup screens are just black (font-proportional) character rectangles, during gameplay, looks very black-and-white, and the display is constantly shaking (about 1-2 pixels upwards and downwards)

Mario Kart: Playable, had to manually select F3DEXT; during gameplay: overlays are white and red rectangles.

Mario Party3 : Playable, some flickering during gameplay

Snowboard Kids 2: Playable, no visual problems detected

Star Wars EP1 Racer: Not Playable, intro text just white squares, intro movie scrolled down 50% (ie. only top half visible), text in config screens just colored rectangles, in gameplay only top half visible.

Smash Brothers: Appears to be playable; text in config screens are white rounded rectangles

SuperMan: Appears to be playable; background in gameplay is bright purple (?)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater: into text just rectangles, intro movie very dark (only sky and author names are visible, rest is black) - game option screen text not visible. Could not navigate into gameplay (due to blackness)

Turok - Dinosaur Hunter: Appears to be playable, no visual problems detected

txOjO

MDKEiToR
No, I'm not sure with that.

Your matrox appearly the problem , only few games present problems with this options activated and diferent cards , mostly have capable extensions for opengl and if you have the aproppiate drivers for your card, this problems converts in insignificant glitches in the screen.

Example Diddy kong racing runs perfectly on my card , any character is black, all textures represents completely in the screen and fog and "sun?"etc...

Mario only presents a red/dark left eye but in game , is more beautiful than a console(more in 1600x1200 :) )

I don't understand much your post, but i have some screenshot in 32 bits, and nothing of your write for , change my impression.

Sorry, you have mesa 4.04 and opengl 1.2 :
I have mesa 5.03 and opengl 1.3.

Posibly the diferent between the result are this