What's new

Problems with paper mario

blackfang

To whom it may concern:
I am having problems running paper mario on Project 64, the graphics are all glitchy
my pc specs follows:
Video card: NVIDIA FX 5200 128 mb video card
memmory: 1gb
i did not download any plug-ins because i was not sure what I needed, so if anyone knows what to do, please respond ASAP. Thank you

blackfang

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Best known config for paper mario is evoodoo & glide64. Set "hybrid" buffer swap in glide64's config.
Get these plugins from the downloads section here.

PeTae

CPU: AMD 2000+
VIDEO: nVidia TNT2
RAM: 256 DDR

I downloaded rice's deadalus plug-in, and while I was in Toadcity (or whatever) every time I moved the polygons wheren't rendered, only background. eVoodoo + glide64 didn't work either, only black screen.
Then I fiddled with rice's plug-in again:
frame update @ 1st drawing
frame buffer emu @ faster

now it works (almost) perfectly (minor sprites glidches)

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Be sure you set it to 1st CI change and not CI change (they are very similar). They set when the screen is to be updated. Have you tried pressing a C-button when you get to see only the background? That could help, bring sprites back on front...

PeTae

in some sprites there is no color, only black, there is transperancy though.
But it works for me now.

what's the diffrence between CI change and 1st drawing?

Lei

I've been experiencing problems with the rom during the opening scene at the castle, once Bowser's castle apears, it's orange "face" doesn't appear at all, and the sprites become distorted, becomming transparent with a yellow rectangle around their outline, it corrects itself in the opening fight between Mario and Bowser, although Bowser is solid black, as are all effects like Cammy's spell animation at the Goomba Village, and the little "bursts" of colour the Star Spirits normally appear with, plus, the menu looks really screwed up, as shown in the attached screen shot. I'm currently using the Glide64 plug-in, as for my comp specs:

RAM: 128 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/ Mode 64 Pro
Processor: Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz

PeTae

TRy what I did, since you have (almost) the same video card as I do:

D/L Rice's Deadalus Video plug-in
Set the render engine to OpenGL
Set frame update to 1st drawing
And frame buffer emu to faster

then tell us what you see, glide64+evoodoo didn't work well on my pc

oh, i had that weird menu look too, but it's solved now

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Lei, by looking on your screen shot I can say that frame buffer options are on and use custom setting is off (fb is set off for paper mario in custom part of the ini). Frame buffer does not work when eVoodoo is in 32bit color mode, and does not work at all for this game.

OP
B

blackfang

new problem

I am having trouble with evoodoo + glide64. Everytime I try to get it to run, the game does not go full screen. What do I do?
blackfang

Archn

Hi. I am new to Project 64, but am very interested in joining and become a member of this group. I too was also having many problems with Paper Mario, but I figured out how to stop the glitches. Unfortunately on Rice's Plugin the "Frame Update At:" is grayed out (Anyone know how to fix that?), so I had to use a plug that I found called TR64 OpenGL v0.8.6. Then select uCode 0. There are a couple of graphics errors on this, but it looks perfect for the most part! Let me know what you guys think, and please don't flame me, or I will never come back.

Edit: Note that full screen mode does NOT work.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I am having trouble with evoodoo + glide64. Everytime I try to get it to run, the game does not go full screen. What do I do?

1. Enable full screen in eVoodoo settings
2. Set "on loading a rom go to full screen" in emulator's settings

Archn

Can someone post up instructions on the correct way to install glide64? I go to plugins, and select the latest glide64, download the zip, and extract the contents to project 64's plugin folder, and then load project 64. I go to options -> settings and then I get errors about glide64. Am I doing something wrong?

And what is evoodoo and where do I get it?

kvb

I'm at the part where peach must bake a cake for the fat shy-guy, the cake must stay in the oven for 30 sec. but that doesn't work 'cause my game's slower than the normal n64 game. how can I make the game go at normal speed, or if it can't, how long should I wait before 30 sec. are over???(for the ones with the same problem)

bradios3

^^^ummm...it was supposed to show a screenshot of my problem...how do i make it do that. i attached the screenshot...